Xbox, Windows, Android, iOS/iPadOS: February 17, 2022
Beta 22.214.171.124 (Xbox, Windows, Android) or Preview 126.96.36.199 (iOS/iPadOS, Xbox, Windows) is the fourth beta/preview for Bedrock Edition 1.18.30[a], released on February 17, 2022, which balances the mob spawning in snowy taigas, brings parity in mobs' damage values and fixes armor, protection and damage calculation and several bugs.
- Spruce and dark oak boats now correctly use their updated item sprites.
- Farm animals
- Ranged attacks
- Blaze fireballs, evoker's fang magic attack and shulker bullets now deal consistent damage across all difficulties.
- Baby hoglins no longer attack players.
- Tiny magma cubes now do slightly more damage, from 2 to 3 on normal.
- The melee "short-ranged" attack does slightly less damage, from 3 to 2 on normal.
- Now deal slightly less damage, from 3 to 2 on normal.
- Untamed wolves
- Now deal slightly more damage, from 3 to 4 on normal.
- Baby zoglins now deal slightly less damage, from 1 to 0.5 × 0.25 (1⁄4 of a hearth) on normal.
- Temporarily removed.
- Fixed actor definition identifiers not being recognized if the item or block name contains "."
- Damage is now calculated more accurately, we now properly calculate and store partial damage for larger damage.
- Armor and protection reduction calculations have been made more accurate.
- Ender dragon's magic breath attack now properly deals damage ( ).
- The player's position when rejoining a world will remain the same if they quit while in lava ( ).
- Players can now fly down through ladders and other climbable blocks such as vines in creative without stopping ( ).
- Fixed a bug where shield blocking animation stops playing smoothly after blocking once ( ).
- Fixed a bug where "carrots_stage_3" texture filename was incorrect and did not show up in-game ( ).
- Bees no longer become angry when beehives are destroyed by Silk Touch ( ).
- User Interface
- Buttons in touch controls no longer get stuck in pressed state when players go outside of the button area ( ).
- Fixed an issue where text would display incorrectly on certain Android devices in the new UI ( ).
- Fixed a crashing issue that could occur when hovering over the search bar in the crafting menu when playing with a controller.
- Coin Purchase Screen now includes “Coin Starter Bundles” for purchase on some platforms.
- Game no longer hangs/crashes when clicking "View More".
- Marketplace tags now fit in description section.
- Download popup no longer flickers when closed.
- Client now supports multiple player count tags in Marketplace pages.
- Added warning popup on Marketplace pages when attempting to equip skin pack skin while character creator item is equipped.
- Fixed an issue which caused some emotes to have unintended rotations when near the end of their animation ( ).
- 1.18.20 rolled into 1.18.30; CornerHard on Twitch - March 30, 2022
- "Minecraft Beta - 188.8.131.52 (Xbox / Windows / Android)" – feedback.minecraft.net, February 17, 2022.
- – resolved as "Fixed"