Xbox, Windows, Android, iOS/iPadOS: February 9, 2022
Beta 18.104.22.168 (Xbox, Windows, Android) and Preview 22.214.171.124 (iOS/iPadOS, Xbox, Windows) is the third beta version for Bedrock Edition 1.18.30[a], released on February 9, 2022, which makes changes to the hunger system, and fixes bugs.
- Used to place a configured feature at a given location.
- Was removed in the next beta due to the commands being not fully implemented yet.
- The rate of hunger depletion can now be changed with behavior packs (add-ons).
- Exhaustion levels: the rate that hunger decreases has been changed to better match Java Edition, so players can now properly lose hunger when sprinting or swimming and lose significantly less hunger when jumping.
Action Old rate New rate Units Swimming 0 0.01 per meter Sprinting 0 0.1 per meter Breaking a block 0.025 0.005 per block broken Jumping 0.4 0.05 per jump Attacking an enemy 0.3 0.1 per attack landed Jumping while sprinting 1.6 0.2 per jump
- The item sprite of spruce boat has been changed from to . However, this change is not visible in-game.
These additions and changes are accessible by enabling the "Wild Update", "Vanilla Experiments", "Upcoming Creator Features", and "GameTest Framework" experimental toggle.
- Frog Spawn is no longer invisible when seen from below.
- A sound now plays when a Horn breaks off a goat.
- An animation is now shown when using the goat horn in both 1st and 3rd person views.
- GameTest Framework
- Fixed accessing items in a double chest crashing/being inconsistent
- Added nameTagproperty
- Added idproperty
- Added MinecraftDimensionTypeswith constants for built-in dimension IDs
- Added spawnItemto spawn an ItemStack in the dimension
- Exposed the following components for Entities:
- Volume definitions are now stored and read from Behavior Packs instead of being part of the level directory.
- Removed water from the extra-block when placing an amethyst cluster ( )
- Reverted fix for coral fan pathing
- Tweaked hunger depletion rate to better match Java Edition (
- Players can now properly lose hunger when sprinting or swimming
- Players lose significantly less hunger when jumping
- Exhaustion rates can now be tweaked in Behaviour Packs
- Fixed an issue where entities were not protected from fire damage by Fire Resistance effect
- Mobs that are riding a boat, for example, can no longer use JumpToBlockGoal ( )
- User Interface
- Crouch (sneak) state is now reset when player dies to avoid getting stuck in crouch state after respawning
- The Resource Packs tab in the new Create New World screen is now available.
/playanimationcommand now updates paper doll and inventory character ( )
- Using biome-specific vanilla fog settings as default when overriding fog settings.
- Title commands fired before a client was done joining will now show instead of being ignored.
- Fixed a case where ray tracing resources would be destroyed prematurely on level exit from an RTX-enabled world.
- 1.18.20 rolled into 1.18.30; CornerHard on Twitch - March 30, 2022
- "Minecraft Beta - 126.96.36.199 (Xbox / Windows / Android)" – feedback.minecraft.net, February 9, 2022.
- "@MCPE4theBeacon Not quite ready for full implementation. You might see it go away in the next beta, but the team is still working hard on it!" – @MattGartzke on Twitter, February 10, 2022