Xbox, Windows, Android, iOS/iPadOS: February 2, 2022
Xbox would also receive the Preview release on February 7, 2022.
/tickingareacommand no longer modifies areas from entities with
EatMobGoalis now unable to start when the player is the target.
These additions and changes are accessible by enabling the "Wild Update", "Vanilla Experiments", and "Enable GameTest Framework" experimental toggle.
- Now breaks when pushed by a piston.
- Now destroyed when the water source beneath it is removed.
- Can now be placed on waterlogged blocks.
- Can no longer be placed above solid ground or underwater with the
- Now destroyed by falling blocks.
- Now have a cooldown period every time they are used.
- Can now be tempted and bred using slimeballs.
- Adjusted Frog spawning in Swamps, weight 10, herd size 2-5.
- Health is now 6, instead of 4.
- GameTest Framework
- Added function length(): number- Returns the length of this vector
- Added function normalized(): Vector- Returns this as a normalized vector
- Added static function distance(a:Vector, b:Vector): number- Returns distance between two vectors
- Added static function lerp(a:Vector, b:Vector, t: number): Vector- Returns the linear interpolation between a and b using t as the control
- Added static function slerp(a:Vector, b:Vector, s: number): Vector- Returns the spherical linear interpolation between a and b using s as the control
- Added static function cross(a:Vector, b:Vector): Vector- Returns the cross product of these two vectors
- Added static function add(a:Vector, b:Vector): Vector- Returns the addition of these vectors
- Added static function subtract(a:Vector, b:Vector): Vector- Returns the subtraction of these vectors
- Added static function multiply(a:Vector, b:Vector): Vector- Returns the component-wise product of these vectors
- Added static function divide(a:Vector, b:Vector): Vector- Returns the component-wise division of these vectors
- Added static function multiply(a:Vector, b:number): Vector- Returns the product of this vector and a scalar
- Added static function divide(a:Vector, b:number): Vector- Returns the division of this vector and a scalar
- Added static function min(a:Vector, b:Vector): Vector- Returns a vector that is made from the smallest components of two vectors.
- Added static function max(a:Vector, b:Vector): Vector- Returns a vector that is made from the largest components of two vectors
- Added function playSound(soundName: String, soundOptions: SoundOptions): void- plays a sound specified by the sound name, at a location, pitch, or volume as optionally specified in the SoundOptions argument
- Added component EntityItemComponentthat can be used to obtain an ItemStack from an item entity – e.g., getComponent(“item”).itemStack
- Custom Skins
- Fixed custom skins not saving when leaving the Dressing Room.
- Fixed an issue where the Mending enchantment would not always correctly consume XP Orbs to repair ( )
- Drowned can no longer spawn where the block light level is above 0 ( )
- User Interface
- Fixed truncated label (in some languages) above 2x2 crafting grid in Pocket UI inventory screen
- Fixed the Create New World opt-in beta setting not persisting between play sessions
- Vanilla Parity
- Cauldrons are now not fillable by dripstones that are below flowing water
- Custom armor can now be equipped with the "Use" button when different armor is already equipped ( ).
- Fixed an issue where projectiles would 'bounce' off of Bells in strange ways ( ).
- Fixed Logical AND to evaluate before Logical OR, and for comparison operators to evaluate before equality operators
- This is a Molang Versioned Change that only takes effect for Molang expressions in packs that use a min_engine_version of 1.18.20 or higher.
- For example A && B || Cnow evaluates as (A && B) || C and A < B == C > D now evalutes as (A < B) == (C > D).
- Fixed duplicate End Crystals spawning on top of End Spikes ( ).
- Fixed an issue in which actor properties would not always sync from the server to the client.
- 1.18.20 rolled into 1.18.30; CornerHard on Twitch - March 30, 2022
- "Minecraft Beta - 22.214.171.124 (Xbox / Windows / Android)" – feedback.minecraft.net, February 2, 2022.