Xbox One, Windows 10, Android: April 8, 2021
- Azalea and Flowering Azalea can now be grown into an Azalea Tree when using bone meal.
- The textures of these ores have been changed.
- Iron ore no longer has streaks, better matching the appearance of other ores.
- Diamond ore closer resembles deepslate diamond ore.
- Breaking a dripleaf stem now drops a dripleaf item, matching Java Edition.
- Small Dripleaf can now be composted.
- Glow lichen can now appear on the walls of underground water lakes.
- Moss can now also spread vertically when using bone meal.
- Applying bone meal to a moss block can also grow vegetation on existing moss blocks.
- Water and lava now drip more often from pointed dripstone.
- Powder snow’s hardness was slightly increased, from 0.1 to 0.25.
- Freeze time has decreased to 7 seconds and hurt frequency has decreased to 2 seconds.
- Entities on fire now melt powder snow when colliding.
- Increased vertical movement speed within powder snow (entities fall through powder snow faster).
- Mobs now shake when they are fully frozen.
- Entities wearing leather boots falling from a height of > 2.5 blocks sink into powder snow instead of landing on top of it.
- Applied fog effect while standing very close outside a Powder Snow block.
- Added placement animation options in Load Mode, similar to the
- There are three animation mode options: None, Place by Layer, and Place by Block.
- These animations can be adjusted by time in seconds.
- Now protects horses from freeze damage.
- Now take more damage from freezing.
- Are now immune to freezing.
- Added the following trades to the wandering trader:
- Dripstone and dripstone clusters can now be found rarely in regular caves below Y=59.
- Moss blocks can be found in supply chests.
- Added a warning message when attempting to place blocks at the minimum height limit
- GameTest Framework
- Updated interfaces:
- ItemIdentifier parameter changed to ItemStack
- ItemStack parameter changed to ItemType
- Added new interfaces:
assertEntityNotTouching(entityIdentifier: string, position : Location)
- Asserts that there is no entity of the given type at the given position
assertEntityTouching(entityIdentifier: string, position : Location)
- Asserts that there is an entity of the given type at the given position
assertItemEntityCountIs(itemType : ItemType, position : BlockLocation, searchDistance : number, count : number)
- Asserts that the entity item count in the given search area matches the expected count
pulseRedstone(position : BlockLocation, duration : number)
- Creates a Redstone block at the given position and destroys it after "duration" ticks
- Caves & Cliffs
- Leads now correctly attach to Axolotl
- There are no longer any unknown items in the creative inventory ( )
- Cobbled Deepslate is now next to cobblestone in the Creative inventory. Polished Deepslate is next to Deepslate
- Deepslate Bricks now have correct breaktime
- Fixed pointed dripstone texture mapping
- The game no longer crashes when placing glow lichen on all sides of a single block
- Hanging roots now drop correctly when mined by silk touch enchanted tool
- Dripleaves now break completely when the leaf part is broken ( )
- Bonemealing moss blocks no longer generates ferns ( )
- Striders shake properly when out of lava again ( )
- Fixed a bug where if the view bobbing setting was disabled, the player's hand would still bob ( ).
- Zombie Villagers properly shake while being cured.
- Fixed player spawning in unsafe locations when entering a random world for the first time ( ).
- Fix output message for '/stopsound' being incorrect ( ).
- Charged creeper aura is rendered correctly in most cases now ( ).
- Fixed Paintings no longer rendering
- Ray tracing specific textures will be allocated/deallocated when toggling ray tracing on/off.
- Switching between some items (bow, trident, crossbow, shield) in your main hand will no longer skip animation ( ).
- Underwater visibility has been improved
- Underwater color has been tuned to better match Java Edition with a richer blue tint
- User Interface
- A message will now display when trying to place blocks below the minimum build height.
- "Correct, no 1.16.230" – @CornerHardMC on Twitter, May 26, 2021
- "Minecraft Beta - 22.214.171.124 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, April 08, 2021.