Bedrock Edition beta 188.8.131.52
Xbox One, Windows 10, Android: August 12, 2020
- No longer destroyed by ghast fireballs.
- Now take slightly more time to break.
- Now dry out at the same rate as Java Edition.
- Shearing them now drops the pumpkin.
- Now play a sound when they lay eggs.
- Will now float up in water.
- If the player has the Mending enchantment on any items, XP will now always go to healing the items before going to the XP bar.
- Gamepad bumpers can now be used to switch tabs in the achievements screen.
- Tweaked the default focus on the tabs in the achievements screen.
- Added extra space between the end of the list and the "input legend" at the bottom.
- The achievement detail screen now shows "Completed on other platform" section.
- Item names of the format
minecraft:item.someitemno longer need the
item.portion and it will be ignored.
- Added Entity Movement Prediction.
- Stability and Performance
- The game no longer crashes if a player opens a Shulker Box they're standing on after rejoining a multiplayer session ( )
- Vanilla Parity
- Sea Turtles now play a sound when they lay eggs
- Dolphins will now dry out at the same rate as they do in Java Edition; 120 seconds
- Undamaged Mending items will no longer prevent damaged Mending items from being repaired ( )
- Basalt can no longer be destroyed by Ghast fireballs ( )
- Basalt blocks now take slightly more time to destroy
- TNT no longer activates when a Redstone Torch is placed directly on it ( )
- Experience Orbs now float in water ( )
- Adjusted Netherite movement in lava ( )
- Trade discounts from Hero of the Village and Curing Zombie Villagers now match the Java Edition ( )
- Pistons can no longer be extended above the build height limit or into the void ( , )
- Grindstone no longer shows a result unless it changes the item ( )
- Water from bubble columns now flows as it should ( )
- Custom named boats and minecarts will now save their name after placing and breaking. Their names will also be shown in the world ( )
- Smelted items (prior to 1.13) no longer contain incorrect damage values and can be stacked ( )
- Hostile mobs can now spawn in thunderstorms during the day ( )
- Shearing a Snow Golem now drops a carved pumpkin ( )
- Bees now leave their hive/nest after an allotted time in the End and Nether dimensions ( )
- Water now flows correctly near edges
- Fixed a bug that could cause falling blocks to duplicate near a portal ( )
- Villagers no longer get locked into the wrong profession ( )
- Dragon Egg no longer disappears if placed on pedestal and Ender Dragon is respawned ( )
- Music is no longer interrupted when entering water in ocean biomes ( )
- Saplings will no longer incorrectly transform into a bee nest when next to a tree and flowers ( )
- Hoppers with containers above them can no longer collect dropped items ( )
- Gravity affected blocks no longer break when their supporting block is moved by a piston ( )
- Podzol no longer generates below the top layer when spawning large spruce trees ( )
- Fixed an issue that caused rails to not be powered correctly along the x-axis ( )
- Turtles and Dolphins on land will now successfully move towards water ( )
- Compass items will now point the correct direction when the player is in a boat ( )
- Mob's inactivity timer is now reset when closer than 50 blocks from the nearest player
- Ghasts once again spawn in all light levels ( )
- Fixed Vex movement along the x and z directions ( )
- Blaze now switch between melee attack and ranged attack based on the distance from the player ( )
- Falling blocks now break after falling for extended periods of time ( )
- Name tags now work correctly again ( )
- Collecting fish with a bucket now works more consistently
- User Interface
- Fixed a visual issue where clicking to edit the text box in the NPC dialog would not show the caret (Education Edition Features)
- Fix for ItemDescriptors
- "Minecraft Beta - 184.108.40.206 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" , August 12, 2020.