PlayStation: December 2, 2021
1.18.1 is a minor update to Bedrock Edition released for PlayStation consoles on December 2, 2021, and for most platforms except the Nintendo Switch on December 6, 2021, which fixes bugs. This version is compatible with all Bedrock platforms running on 1.18.0.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when copying a world backup in certain languages on PlayStation.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when chatting and playing on Realms.
- Decreased the amount of Diamond Ore that generates to match Java Edition.
- Fixed lighting bugs when removing light sources after returning to the Overworld from other dimensions. ( )
- Players no longer have problems moving after respawning or getting out of a Bed.
- Added a warning prompt explaining potential loss of data when setting File Storage Location to External on Android devices.
- Fixed various crashes and storage-related issues with Android multi-user functionality and Amazon Kids/Freetime. ( , , )
- Fixed simulation stopping in multiplayer sessions when other players move away from one player’s render distance. ( )
- The teleport command will no longer succeed when 'checkForBlocks' is true and the destination is obstructed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a faulty purchase page for Realms when the maximum number of Realms are already owned.
- Optimized the Marketplace Inventory screen and improved loading of content images.
- "Minecraft - 1.18.1 (Bedrock)" – feedback.minecraft.net, December 2, 2021.