|Planned release date||
- Data Driven Items
- Updated documentation for Block Rotation Component.
- Added required toggles to documentation and to content error for block components.
- Data Driven Blocks
- Updated documentation for BlockExplosionResistance.
- Added a content error for using a material but not providing the required number of textures to the render controller.
- Add new compile errors for expressions like 'text' + 3, which were previously ignored (This is a Versioned Change as of engine version 1.17.40).
- User Interface
- Added an ImGUI window for easier viewing of content errors.
- Falling stalactites are now offset properly to avoid interacting with entities outside their intended hitbox ( ).
- Beehives now generate in the world facing south.
- Candle Cake Blocks
- Pressing the 'use' button on a Candle Cake now consumes the correct amount of cake slices ( ).
- Character Creator
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using Character Creator.
- Tweaked color tint for default Steve skin to match default Steve ( ).
- Altered message for when friends change skins ( ).
- Education Edition items are no longer shown as an option when using @e[type=] ( ).
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be set on fire upon changing dimensions if there was Lava underneath the Nether Portal ( ).
- Players can no longer eat food at full hunger in Survival mode ( ).
- Sea Grass no longer spawns under Lily Pads during world generation to avoid breaking them.
- Villagers can no longer spam doors open and closed ( ).
- Cartographers now more consistently give new maps on all platforms.
- World Generation
- Amethyst geodes are now much less likely to generate in Strongholds, and if they do they will not destroy End Portals ( , ).
- Improved world visibility culling for underground situations to eliminate seeing sky at the end of tunnels/stairs ( ).
- Improved mob pathing around partial blocks ( ).
- Armor no longer renders on Pillagers and Vindicators, but are still granted armor effects ( ).
- Fixed an issue with mob rendering that caused Vindicator Axes to be visible even when they're not attacking on older Resource Packs ( ).
- More mobs will spawn underground in the Overworld.
- Powder Snow
- Powder Snow no longer disappears when looking at it from a distance ( ).
- Structure Block
- Trapdoors now rotate correctly when loaded from a Structure block ( ).
- User Interface
- Fixed an issue where the d-pad and directional keys could not be used to navigate in certain parts of the UI ( ).
- Fixed an issue where an error message could be shown after suspending the game on the achievements screens with screen animations disabled ( ).
- Fixed an issue where an obscure gamerule was added to settings ( ).
- Fix keyboard/d-pad navigation from custom server to edit server button.
- New achievements screens are available on Windows 10 ARM-based PCs.
- The sign in text on the start screen will no longer overlap the Marketplace button.
- Add space between tab title and the word 'Tab' for text-to-speech on Settings screen.
- Added "More Info" button to failed sign-in modal.
- Command blocks with 'Needs Redstone' and a non-zero 'Delay in Ticks' will now execute only if they remain powered for the delay duration ( ).
- Fix alignment of the sidebar display from the
/scoreboardcommand when text length changes.
- Fixed failure to render leash when attached to a mob outside of viewport ( ).
- Fixed ability to summon experience orbs via
/summoncommand ( ).
- Fixed display only entity destruction in chunk discard scenarios.
- Fixed query.item_remaining_use_duration having improperly scaled or inverted results (This fix is a Versioned Change as of engine version 1.17.30).
- "Minecraft Beta - 188.8.131.52 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – feedback.minecraft.net, September 9, 2021.