Bedrock Edition 1.16.230/Development versions
- 1 beta 18.104.22.168
- 2 beta 22.214.171.124
- 3 beta 126.96.36.199
- 4 beta 188.8.131.52
- 5 Notes and references
This is a list of Bedrock Edition 1.16.230 development versions.
- A dim light source that generates in caves.
- It can be waterlogged.
- Use shears to pick it up.
- Use bonemeal to spread it along block surfaces.
- Glow lichen can be composted.
- Can now be composted.
- Can now be turned into grass path using a shovel.
- Are now attracted to flowering azalea and flowering azalea leaves.
- GameTest Framework
- Added Dimension class
- Added World.getDimension
- Updated the GameTest Framework interface. See the list below for specific changes:
function assertEntityPresentInArea(entityIdentifier : string)- Throws an Error if an entity matching the given identifier does not exist in the test region
function print(text : string)- Prints the given text to the chat
function assertEntityInstancePresent(entity : Entity, position : BlockLocation)- Throws an Error if the given entity is not present in the given block location
function setEntityTamed(entityIdentifier : string, position : BlockLocation)- Replaced by component function setTamed(showParticles : bool)
function getComponents()- Returns an array of supported components
function getComponent(componentIdentifier : string)- Returns the component matching the given identifier
function hasComponent(componentIdentifier : string)- Returns true if the given component exists on the entity and is supported
function getName()- Returns the name of the entity (e.g. "Horse")
- Components for color, health, leashable, and tamemount were added
function kill()- Kills the entity
addEventListener(eventName : string, callback : function(entity : Entity))- Registers an event listener for entity events Supported Events:
onEntityCreated- Fires when an entity is created
onEntityDefinitionTriggered- Fires when an entity definition event is triggered
- The default value for the tag parameter is now
- Added mouse and keyboard support for Android devices that support it (Oreo and newer)
- Certain Android devices no longer fail to perform multilingual input
- Crosshair placement is no longer offset on certain Android devices
- The game will no longer fail to properly shutdown on certain Android devices
- Fixed resolution issues on certain Android devices
- Fixed networking issues on certain Android devices
- Going underwater on certain Android devices no longer makes the screen go pitch-black
- Powder Snow Block no longer drops when destroyed by an explosion ( )
- Fixed issue where smelting behavior for several fuel sources was broken ( )
- First person eating animation is now centered in the frame ( )
- First person main hand blocking animation now plays properly ( )
- First person main hand and off-hand shields are now symmetrical ( )
- Fixed an issue where patterns in the loom with different resolutions than Vanilla assets would not display correctly
- Crafting (Waxed) Weathered Cut Copper Slabs in the Stonecutter now yields two slabs instead of one ( )
- Leads now correctly attach to Goats ( )
- Lush Cave Blocks
- Azalea leaves and flowering azalea leaves now correctly dropped when sheared
- Moss blocks can now correctly be fertilized using dispensers
- Hanging roots can now correctly be composted
- Small dripleaf now drops as an item when sheared
- Placing a big dripleaf on another big dripleaf increases its height by one
- Using shovel on rooted dirt creates a grass path block
- Bees consider flowering azalea and flowering azalea leaves as flowers
- Using Pick Block function on Cave Vines or breaking them with Silk Touch-enchanted tool now yields Glow Berries
- User Interface
- Fixed an issue where cancelling joining a world while generating it caused the user to get stuck in the progress screen ( ).
- Several enums in ActorDataIDs were added by mistake, and are now being removed.
- Catmull-Rom animations will no longer glitch if the time for a keyframe matches its value.
- All functions run using the
/schedulecommand now run from the origin they are supposed to, instead of from the server.
- Replaced "Whitelist" language use to "AllowList". Dedicated server command "whitelist" changed to "allowlist". Dedicated server "whitelist.json" file changed to "allowlist.json" file. JSON format remains the same.
query.is_in_uiso that it is available to use when a data-driven mob is rendering in the UI (
query.is_in_uireturns true when the mob is rendering in the UI, such as in the inventory window).
- Currently only generated in blobs below y=16.
- Has a hardness value greater than that of stone but can be mined with any pickaxe.
- Drops cobbled deepslate when mined.
- Can be obtained only with a Silk Touch pickaxe.
- There are 19 variants in total.
- Drops from deepslate when mined with a pickaxe without Silk Touch.
- Can't be used interchangeably with cobblestone and blackstone in crafting recipes of basic tools, furnaces and brewing stands.
- Can be crafted into respective stairs, slabs and walls, Polished Deepslate, Chiseled Deepslate, Deepslate Bricks and Deepslate Tiles, which can be used to craft their respective stairs, slabs, and walls (excluding Chiseled Deepslate).
- Deepslate Bricks and Deepslate Tiles can also be smelted onto their cracked variants.
- Can now be smelted back into deepslate.
- Added deepslate variants of all ores, including iron, gold, copper, coal, diamond, redstone, emerald, and lapis lazuli.
- Takes twice as long to mine as normal ores.
- Has the texture of deepslate replacing the normal stone texture.
- Takes place of ores that generate in deepslate.
- Can be used in blasting and smelting recipes like normal ores.
- Can now be waxed.
- Axolotls will spawn underground, in water.
- Holding a bucket of tropical fish will cause nearby axolotls to follow the player on both land and water.
- Axolotls cannot be tamed but they can be bred by feeding them buckets of tropical fish.
- Axolotls will attack fish, squid, drowned, and guardians.
- Axolotls come in a variety of colors, all with an equal chance of spawning except for blue.
- Blue axolotls have a small chance of spawning as a mutation when breeding 2 axolotls.
- Axolotls can survive on dry land for a few minutes. After that they will start to dry out and take continuous damage until rehydrated.
- When taking damage, there is a chance that the axolotl will play dead. While playing dead, the axolotl will regenerate health and mobs will be unable to target the axolotl.
- When a player kills a mob that the axolotl was attacking, they are rewarded with the regeneration effect, and their mining fatigue is removed if they have it.
- Axolotls can be picked up with buckets, like fish.
- Deepslate is generated in blobs below y = 16.
- Ore is generated as normal, when the ore is generated where Deepslate has been generated, deepslate ore is generated instead.
- GameTest Framework
function assertEntityData(position : BlockLocation, entityIdentifier : string, callback : function(entity: Entity))- Asserts that the given condition is true for all entities of the given type at the given location
function spawnItem(itemType : ItemStack, position : Location)- Spawns an item at the given location
function assertIsWaterlogged(position : BlockLocation, isWaterlogged : bool)- Asserts that the block at the given location is waterlogged
function assertRedstonePower(position : BlockLocation, power : number)- Asserts the redstone power level at the given location
- Added Commands.run
- New Effect APIs on the Entity Type
function getAmplifier()- Gets the effect's amplifier level
function getDuration()- Gets the effect's remaining duration
function addEffect(effectType : EffectType, duration : number, amplifier: number)- Adds an effect to the Entity
function getEffect(effectType : EffectType)- Gets an effect from the Entity
- Updated constructor to ItemStack
- Updated ItemType
constructor (x : number, y: number, z: number)- World coordinate
function getName()- gets the item's name
- Add new enumerations: Minecraft.Effects & Minecraft.Items
- Improved underwater visibility in all sorts of water, water-filled caverns in particular.
- Oxidized Copper Block variants can now be waxed
- Tweaked which blocks can be placed on pointed dripstone, to match the Java Edition ( , , )
- Pointed dripstone now correctly breaks when pushed by piston ( )
- Dripstone and pointed dripstone now have correct sounds when walking/jumping on them ( )
- Glow lichen is now under the nature category of the Creative inventory ( )
- Lightning Rods now correctly activate Observers when struck by lightning
- Big dripleaf can now be waterlogged
- Big dripleaf now untilts correctly after getting hit by a projectile ( )
- Small dripleaf can now also be placed on dirt, farmland, grass, moss block, and podzol as long as its stem is underwater
- Moss block now blocks water ( )
- Ladder, vines, twisting vines, weeping vines, sweet berry bush, nether sprouts, and fire can now be placed on Moss blocks ( )
- Spore Blossom correctly drop itself when broken with Shears ( )
- Mobs can now pathfind across moss blocks ( )
- Lush caves can now contain classic "jungle" vines
- Fixed a bug where the screen reader did not read the focused button on some screens
- Fixed a bug where English screen reader pronounced "A button" as "a button", now saying "Button A" instead
- Trident in Players' and Mobs' hands are now correctly positioned in all perspective modes ( )
- Trident raising animation modified for first person to more closely match the previous version
- Water Buckets can now be used to pick up fish ( )
- Rabbits can now raid carrot crops ( )
- Animals can no longer be fed infinitely until they are bred ( )
- Azalea and Flowering Azalea can now be grown into an Azalea Tree when using bone meal.
- The textures of these ores have been changed.
- Iron ore no longer has streaks, better matching the appearance of other ores.
- Diamond ore closer resembles deepslate diamond ore.
- Breaking a dripleaf stem now drops a dripleaf item, matching Java Edition.
- Small Dripleaf can now be composted.
- Glow lichen can now appear on the walls of underground water lakes.
- Moss can now also spread vertically when using bone meal.
- Bonemealing a moss block can now also grow vegetation on existing moss blocks.
- Water and lava now drip more often from pointed dripstone.
- Powder snow’s hardness was slightly increased, from 0.1 to 0.25.
- Freeze time has decreased to 7 seconds and hurt frequency has decreased to 2 seconds.
- Entities on fire now melt powder snow when colliding.
- Increased vertical movement speed within powder snow (entities fall through powder snow faster).
- Mobs now shake when they are fully frozen.
- Entities wearing leather boots falling from a height of > 2.5 blocks sink into powder snow instead of landing on top of it.
- Applied fog effect while standing very close outside a Powder Snow block.
- Added placement animation options in Load Mode, similar to the
- There are three animation mode options: None, Place by Layer, and Place by Block.
- These animations can be adjusted by time in seconds.
- Now protects horses from freeze damage.
- Now take more damage from freezing.
- Are now immune to freezing.
- Added the following trades to the wandering trader:
- Dripstone and dripstone clusters can now be found rarely in regular caves below Y=59.
- Moss blocks can be found in supply chests.
- Added a warning message when attempting to place blocks at the minimum height limit
- Caves & Cliffs
- Leads now correctly attach to Axolotl
- There are no longer any unknown items in the creative inventory ( )
- Cobbled Deepslate is now next to cobblestone in the Creative inventory. Polished Deepslate is next to Deepslate
- Deepslate Bricks now have correct breaktime
- Fixed pointed dripstone texture mapping
- The game no longer crashes when placing glow lichen on all sides of a single block
- Hanging roots now drop correctly when mined by silk touch enchanted tool
- Dripleaves now break completely when the leaf part is broken ( )
- Bonemealing moss blocks no longer generates ferns ( )
- Striders shake properly when out of lava again ( )
- Fixed a bug where if the view bobbing setting was disabled, the player's hand would still bob ( ).
- Zombie Villagers properly shake while being cured.
- Fixed player spawning in unsafe locations when entering a random world for the first time ( ).
- Fix output message for '/stopsound' being incorrect ( ).
- Charged creeper aura is rendered correctly in most cases now ( ).
- Fixed Paintings no longer rendering
- Ray tracing specific textures will be allocated/deallocated when toggling ray tracing on/off.
- Switching between some items (bow, trident, crossbow, shield) in your main hand will no longer skip animation ( ).
- Underwater visibility has been improved
- Underwater color has been tuned to better match Java Edition with a richer blue tint
- User Interface
- A message will now display when trying to place blocks below the minimum build height.
- Added new noise caves, which come in two types: "spaghetti" and "cheese" caves.
- Added flooded aquifer caves.
- The old "carver" cave generation still generates, combining with the new caves.
- Long, narrow caves.
- Utilize noise generators for generation.
- Can form cave entrances when they intersect with land.
- Utilize noise generators for generation.
- Often form caverns of various sizes.
- Can form cave entrances when they intersect with land.
- Used to generate bodies of water in new caves.
- Currently only used below Y=31, meaning any noise caves between Y=31 and Y=63 are flooded with water. This will be fixed.
- Replaces the old underwater cave carvers/canyons.
- Fish, axolotls, and glow squid spawn in aquifers if it is under an ocean or river.
- Improved visibility when swimming in underwater caves.
- Introducing noise based caved generation that enables caves of more varied sizes and shapes.
- Bringing local water levels to caves, allowing each cave to have its own water level.
- Mineshafts now fit into large caves.
- Mineshaft corridor is now attached to the ceiling via chains or to the floor via wood columns when missing support platform.
- Ore distribuition
- Changed ore generation to match the new world height, and to add more strategy to mining.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when curing a Zombie Villager in another dimension if the player had not travelled back to the Overworld since entering the World. ( )
- Fixed a crash that occurred when generating jungle biomes when the Caves and Cliffs experimental toggle was enabled.
- Character Creator
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching between owned and non-owned Character Creator items.
- Fixed an issue with Character Creator items not applying properly to characters. ( )
Notes and references
- "Minecraft Beta - 184.108.40.206 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, March 25, 2021.
- "Minecraft Beta - 220.127.116.11 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, March 31, 2021.
- "Minecraft Beta - 18.104.22.168 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, April 08, 2021.
- "Minecraft Beta - 22.214.171.124 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, April 15, 2021.