Bedrock Edition 1.16.230
|Planned release date||
- Added placement animation options in Load Mode, similar to the
- There are three animation mode options: None, Place by Layer, and Place by Block.
- These animations can be adjusted by time in seconds.
- Added a warning message when attempting to place blocks at the minimum height limit.
- Added mouse and keyboard support for Android devices.
- Only supports Android Oreo and higher.
- GameTest Framework
- Added Dimension class
- Added World.getDimension
- Updated the GameTest Framework interface. See the list below for specific changes:
function assertEntityPresentInArea(entityIdentifier : string)- Throws an Error if an entity matching the given identifier does not exist in the test region
function print(text : string)- Prints the given text to the chat
function assertEntityInstancePresent(entity : Entity, position : BlockLocation)- Throws an Error if the given entity is not present in the given block location
function setEntityTamed(entityIdentifier : string, position : BlockLocation)- Replaced by component function setTamed(showParticles : bool)
function getComponents()- Returns an array of supported components
function getComponent(componentIdentifier : string)- Returns the component matching the given identifier
function hasComponent(componentIdentifier : string)- Returns true if the given component exists on the entity and is supported
function getName()- Returns the name of the entity (e.g. "Horse")
- Components for color, health, leashable, and tamemount were added
function kill()- Kills the entity
addEventListener(eventName : string, callback : function(entity : Entity))- Registers an event listener for entity events Supported Events:
onEntityCreated- Fires when an entity is created
onEntityDefinitionTriggered- Fires when an entity definition event is triggered
- The default value for the tag parameter is now
function assertEntityData(position : BlockLocation, entityIdentifier : string, callback : function(entity: Entity))- Asserts that the given condition is true for all entities of the given type at the given location
function spawnItem(itemType : ItemStack, position : Location)- Spawns an item at the given location
function assertIsWaterlogged(position : BlockLocation, isWaterlogged : bool)- Asserts that the block at the given location is waterlogged
function assertRedstonePower(position : BlockLocation, power : number)- Asserts the redstone power level at the given location
- Added Commands.run
- New Effect APIs on the Entity Type
function getAmplifier()- Gets the effect's amplifier level
function getDuration()- Gets the effect's remaining duration
function addEffect(effectType : EffectType, duration : number, amplifier: number)- Adds an effect to the Entity
function getEffect(effectType : EffectType)- Gets an effect from the Entity
- Updated constructor to ItemStack
- Updated ItemType
constructor (x : number, y: number, z: number)- World coordinate
function getName()- gets the item's name
- Add new enumerations: Minecraft.Effects & Minecraft.Items
- Added mouse and keyboard support for Android devices that support it (Oreo and newer)
- Certain Android devices no longer fail to perform multilingual input
- Crosshair placement is no longer offset on certain Android devices
- The game will no longer fail to properly shutdown on certain Android devices
- Fixed resolution issues on certain Android devices
- Fixed networking issues on certain Android devices
- Going underwater on certain Android devices no longer makes the screen go pitch-black
- Structure blocks can now be exported on Android
- Fixed issue where smelting behavior for several fuel sources was broken ( )
- First person eating animation is now centered in the frame ( )
- First person main hand blocking animation now plays properly ( )
- First person main hand and off-hand shields are now symmetrical ( )
- Fixed an issue where patterns in the loom with different resolutions than Vanilla assets would not display correctly
- Fixed a bug where the screen reader did not read the focused button on some screens
- Fixed a bug where English screen reader pronounced "A button" as "a button", now saying "Button A" instead
- Trident in Players' and Mobs' hands are now correctly positioned in all perspective modes ( )
- Trident raising animation modified for first person to more closely match the previous version
- Water Buckets can now be used to pick up fish ( )
- Fixed a bug where if the view bobbing setting was disabled, the player's hand would still bob ( ).
- Zombie Villagers properly shake while being cured.
- Fixed player spawning in unsafe locations when entering a random world for the first time ( ).
- Rabbits can now raid carrot crops ( )
- Animals can no longer be fed infinitely until they are bred ( )
- Striders shake properly when out of lava again ( )
- Charged creeper aura is rendered correctly in most cases now ( ).
- Fixed Paintings no longer rendering
- Ray tracing specific textures will be allocated/deallocated when toggling ray tracing on/off.
- Switching between some items (bow, trident, crossbow, shield) in your main hand will no longer skip animation ( ).
- Underwater visibility has been improved
- Underwater color has been tuned to better match Java Edition with a richer blue tint
- User Interface
- Fixed an issue where cancelling joining a world while generating it caused the user to get stuck in the progress screen ( )
- Several enums in ActorDataIDs were added by mistake, and are now being removed.
- Catmull-Rom animations will no longer glitch if the time for a keyframe matches its value.
- All functions run using the
/schedulecommand now run from the origin they are supposed to, instead of from the server.
- Replaced "Whitelist" language use to "AllowList". Dedicated server command "whitelist" changed to "allowlist". Dedicated server "whitelist.json" file changed to "allowlist.json" file. JSON format remains the same.
query.is_in_uiso that it is available to use when a data-driven mob is rendering in the UI (
query.is_in_uireturns true when the mob is rendering in the UI, such as in the inventory window).
- "Minecraft Beta - 126.96.36.199 (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)" – Minecraft Feedback, March 25, 2021.
- "My understanding is that Experimental Features only exist in Beta releases." – @MattGartzke
- "You'll see more 1.16 versions before seeing 1.17. Increasing the second octet is still a little ways off, even though we're still testing Caves and Cliffs features. At the end of the day, it's just a version number." – @MattGartzke, February 25, 2021