Bedrock Edition 1.16.220
April 6, 2021
- Sign text's color can now be changed with any of the 16 dyes to match Java Edition.
- Map making and add-ons
- Renamed all references of Actor to Entity.
- Renamed 'BlockPos' to 'BlockLocation'.
- Added 'startSequence' to GameTest, which allows finer control over advanced test sequences.
- GameTest sequence callbacks no longer take test as a parameter as the initial test object now lives as long as the whole test.
- Updated Behavior Packs to require explicit module dependencies when using other native modules.
- GameTest framework
- Updated Blocks shorthand helpers to be camel case.
- Updated Blocks shorthand to only include vanilla blocks.
- Added Blocks.get to fetch a block and return null if it doesn't exist.
- Added BlockStates to enumerate all block states.
- Added setState to Block to update its block state.
- Added BlockPos class.
- Added ItemStack class GameTest module.
- Added Tags to enumerate all built-in tags.
- Updated all methods that took x, y, z position to take a BlockPos.
- Exposed padding when registering game test.
- Movement prediction
- Fixed projectiles on third-party servers ignoring server movement packets.
- The server adjusts the player's fall distance to take into account the client player's position when a player movement correction or anomaly is detected.
- Network packets
- Changed cipher algorithm to AESGCM256 for UDP stream.
- Performance / stability
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to rename a map on an anvil while its second slot was occupied ( )
- Fixed a crash when entering a Nether Portal and throwing a Bottle o' Enchanting at the same time ( )
- Improved input latency on Windows 10 when VSYNC is enabled ( )
- Fixed fog in Nether biomes not rendering properly in some Resource Packs ( )
- Players with Visitor permissions now drop inventory on death ( )
- Fixed Drowned holding tridents backwards during attack ( )
- Drowned now swing their arms when throwing tridents
- Zombie, Zombie Villager, Husk, Pillager, and Vindicator now use correct bone to attach shields ( )
- Mobs that pick up shields now place it in their off-hand
- Non-persistent mobs no longer despawn immediately after loading into the Nether
- Projectiles now pass through Structure Void blocks ( )
- Improved placement rules for placing blocks on sides of stairs, slabs, and Top Snow blocks
- Pistons and Sticky Pistons no longer appear black when Outline Selection is disabled ( )
- Enabled screen narration with touch input on the new achievements screen
- Fixed a bug where the screen reader didn't read out default controller focus and checkbox state on the 'Online Play is not Rated' prompt
- Fixed a bug where the screen reader would read the wrong text while using VR
- User interface
- Enabled "Find Friends" button on Xbox
- Controllers are now able to select the "Button Mode" toggle in the Advanced Settings NPC screen in the Jurassic World pack ( )
- The "Results" field for search within the marketplace inventory now updates properly between different sections within the screen
- The death screen is now visible when behind full-screen effects (on fire, standing in a portal, etc.) while playing in VR
- Fixed translucent rendering of occluded UI elements, also when viewing menus near blocks while playing in VR
- Selecting the featured offer on the profile screen now properly redirects to the complete list of featured offers
- Made the Sign In button text fit the button in Portuguese-BR
- The Storage menu on now uses lighter text color
- Fixed an issue where button textures weren't scaled properly when applying Resource Packs
- Enabled navigating to the Back button using only keyboard in some screens where it was not possible
- Entity selectors no longer allow self-selection with cheats disabled ( )
- The '/clear' command now applies the correct "data" argument for the sapling item ( )
- Command blocks in a command block chain now list the correct amount of ticking areas when a new ticking area is added before listing
- Title command no longer duplicates % symbols in message ( )
- Using teleport with the execute command now uses the dimension of the origin for its operations ( )
- Character creator
- Steve’s Pants no longer change the color of the bottom of feet when no footwear is equipped
- Fixed other players appearing as Steve in multiplayer
- Changing skins while in split-screen now properly saves for all local players and update properly for remote players
- Alex’s shirt no longer looks corrupted when equipped with different pants
- "Hooray!" emote now displays in the emotes section if already owned ( ).
- Identifiers within "render_controllers" are now considered content errors if there is no render controller matching that name
- Entity json before version 1.16.100 no longer gives a content error for the deprecated field "minecraft:foot_size"
- modified condition in 'trident.animation_controllers.json' to allow mobs to enter 'wield_third_person_raise' ( )
- Fixed an issue where loading into a world would cause continuous MoLang errors around "unhandled request for unknown variable"
- A black screen no longer covers the player icon in the pause menu in some worlds. Content creators no longer need to override both focus_border_frame.png and pause_screen_border.png for correct behavior
- Items can now have the "transparentattachable" tag applied to make attachable items not render for the player wearing them in the first person perspective
- Fixed an issue where V2 Villagers were not properly updating their MoLang variables on initialization.
- Fixed issue where previous failed GameTest markers still show up in new worlds.
- "Minecraft - 1.16.220 (Bedrock)" – Minecraft Feedback, April 6, 2021.
- "My understanding is that Experimental Features only exist in Beta releases." – @MattGartzke on Twitter
- "You'll see more 1.16 versions before seeing 1.17. Increasing the second octet is still a little ways off, even though we're still testing Caves and Cliffs features. At the end of the day, it's just a version number." – @MattGartzke on Twitter, February 25, 2021