iOS, Fire OS, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Gear VR, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch: July 9, 2019
1.12.0 is a major update to Bedrock Edition released on July 9–10, 2019. This update mostly focuses on map-making features by re-adding the camera, adding new game rules and command-related features, and expanding add-on mechanics.
- Has been re-added.
- Can only be obtained with the
- Can only be obtained with the
- Only as an item form, not as an entity.
- Added several new commands related to add-ons and mapmaking.
- Allows players to specify a radius circle for players to spawn in.
- Are related to delay option for commands.
/giveto separate vanilla items and add-on items.
- Added a new "Respawn Radius" option in the game settings.
- Added new particles:
- Dedicated servers
- Enabled content logging on Bedrock Dedicated Servers.
- Item IDs
- Item instance IDs can now be synchronized between clients and servers.
- Added new splash texts:
- "All blocks covered!"
- "It came from space."
- "Rainbow turtle?"
- "Something funny!"
- "I need more context."
- "Don't worry, be happy!"
- "Water bottle!"
- "What's the question?"
- "Plant a tree!"
- "Go to the dentist!"
- "What do you expect?"
- "Look mum, I'm in a splash!"
- Updated their texture brightness to match Java Edition. ( , )
- Now have their own section in the Creative inventory, instead of under the chests category. ( )
- Adjusted and added UI tooltips for both blocks.
- Added auto complete to command blocks.
- Added a delay option to command blocks.
- A delay can be added to the command block using the new field. The ticks for this delay are in redstone ticks.
- Now have an outline when placed.
- Now have rarity tooltips.
- Converting a normal pillager to a captain with the tag command now displays the banner correctly.
- Now drop banners correctly even if the world is reloaded.
- The Bad Omen effect is now only received when killing an illager captain, and not when dealing non-fatal damage with a bow or damage potion.
- Villager trading UI no longer opens and closes if the player is standing too far away.
- Clerics can now correctly pathfind to their job sites.
- Fletchers now sell 16 arrows instead of 5.
- Butchers now sell 5 cooked rabbit for 1 emerald instead of 5.
- Leatherworkers now sell 1 saddle for 6 emeralds instead of 10.
- Toolsmiths now sell 1 diamond hoe for 4 emeralds instead of 9.
- Villagers that are actively trading with players no longer run and hide if the raid bell rings.
- Added a sound to indicate when a villager does not want to trade, such as during a raid.
- Cured villagers now keep the jobs they had before becoming a zombie.
- Added new sounds.
- Improved performance.
- Changed the chat font to Segoe UI.
- New items can now be added with add-ons.
- Mob events can now be enabled and disabled in world templates.
- Animations and particles can be added without being linked to entities.
- Inventory, armor, and hand containers can be adapted through scripting.
- Sound effects can now be triggered by animation events.
- Added new executeCommand to the Scripting API.
- Added Scripting events for interaction with items, for example:
- Item picked up
- Item dropped
- Carried item changed
- Added One-shot animation support, allowing the ability to execute a single animation on an entity.
- Particle emitters can now trigger scripting events.
- Updated documentation of actor events, to document client-side usage of actor events in resource packs.
- "Add block" components now use JSON schemas.
- Added a screen to view content log errors.
- The log screen can be opened using Ctrl+H, or by going to Settings and then Profile.
- Added code to allow static validation scripts to be run locally.
- Custom blocks can now be added through Scripting.
- This is currently still a "work in progress" feature, and more functionality will be added in future updates.
- Custom blocks can currently only be added through additional JSON scripting.
- Custom blocks can only be placed with slash commands.
- Added new data-driven particles:
- Llama Spit
- Large Explosions
- Colored Flames
- Redstone Dust
- Falling Dust
- Enchanting Table
- Added new data-driven animations:
- Fang Attack
- Shulker Bullets
- Updated documentation to include a breaking changes section
- Basic item related events have been exposed to the scripting API. This includes:
- Basic inventory events have been exposed to the scripting API. This includes:
- New block events and two new APIs have been included to query for blocks. This includes:
getBlock(Ticking Area, x, y, z)
getBlock(Ticking Area, PositionObject)
getBlocks(Ticking Area, x min, y min, z min, x max, y max, z max)
getBlocks(Ticking Area, Minimum PositionObject, Maximum PositionObject)
- Allows the scripting API to get the result of a slash command.
- Event data API:
- Allows creators to create event data, register and pass it to the event function.
- Updated demo pack.
- Biome generation is now customizable via behavior packs.
- Now still plays when the keyboard is being used.
- The "Store" button has been renamed to "Marketplace".
- The Village & Pillage panorama should now properly appear instead of 1.8.0 or Update Aquatic.
- Realm owners can now set relevant permissions for players invited to their Realm.
- Default settings can be set for all new members entering a Realm.
- The owner can set permissions for an invited player to either visitor, member or operator.
- When resetting a world, or uploading a new world, already set permissions stay in place.
- Removed the following splashes:
- "[snapshot intensifies]!"
- "There's no stopping the Trollmaso."
- Increased the frequency and volume of the ambient mob sounds made during raids, to make them easier to locate.
- Player positioning
- The player's position now adjusts to the gap they are within:
- 1.5 blocks: sneaking posture
- <1 block: swimming animation
- Being forced into an area under two blocks high causes the player to adopt the appropriate posture.
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when launching the game on some Windows 10 devices.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when certain interactive blocks are loading in when joining a Realm (e.g. beds, chests, furnaces).
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching players on Xbox One.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when engaging in a fight with an elder guardian in an ocean monument.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when throwing an egg or snowball. ( )
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trading with a villager.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when throwing a trident with Loyalty enchantment.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Nintendo Switch when the game was saving or loading. ( )
- Fixed a crash on Nintendo Switch that could occur when suspending and resuming the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when signing into Xbox Live.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when choosing a skin on the first launch of the game.
- Fixed a Marketplace issue that could result in the game getting stuck or crashing when loading in items.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the game was checking for previously downloaded content.
- Made further performance improvements when opening inventory screens. ( )
- Made several performance improvements related to various UI screens and interactions.
- Significantly reduced bandwidth usage by allowing the client to reuse chunks it has already seen.
- Improved chunk loading performance in multiplayer.
- Improved performance around new villages and villager job sites.
- Several other performance improvements, including some related to mob AI pathfinding.
- Frosted ice blocks no longer drops performance while they're melting. ( )
- Endermen teleporting particles no longer cause consistent performance drops, especially during boss fights.
- Reduced the amount of memory required to load textures.
- Cached resource packs no longer decrease performance on Nintendo Switch. ( )
- Removed an unnecessary Xbox Live sign-in notification.
- Fixed an issue where consuming the last item in a stack to unlock an achievement could cause the achievement not to unlock.
- The "Haggler" achievement once again unlocks when requirements are met.
- The "Zombie Doctor" achievement now unlocks when curing a zombie villager. ( )
- Marketplace resource packs are now immediately applied after downloading in the world edit menu. ( )
- Player permissions now apply correctly when more than one operator tries to adjust them.
- Made improvements to roaming skins, which should apply correctly after reloading or reinstalling the game and signing in.
- Custom skins are now applied correctly without needing to restart the game to see them (on compatible platforms). ( , )
- Skins equipped from the "Recent" section are once again applied when selected.
- World settings now sync correctly between different Xbox One devices.
- Resource packs are now applied correctly after downloading through the world or global settings.
- Newly purchased Realms are now always visible after finalizing the purchase.
- Fixed an issue that would show an error message when attempting to renew a Realm subscription on Xbox One. ( )
- Fixed several related issues with end gateway portals. These should now teleport the player to the correct safe location when used. ( , , )
- Villager trading now properly takes away items from the second slot, when applicable. ( )
- Only players who fought in a raid now receive the Hero of the Village effect in Realms.
- Players no longer see through the world when clipping into blocks after leaving a boat. ( )
- Players can now interact with blocks while holding a charged crossbow on touch devices.
- Players no longer clip through walls when transitioning from swimming to standing in water.
- Players that are being healed can now still be knocked back by TNT.
- Arrows that are shot into blocks keep their position when reloading the world.
- Area of Effect clouds no longer try to spawn excessive numbers of particles when the time of day is changed. ( )
- Corrected the position of leads on wolves.
- Tamed cats no longer slide around while sitting. ( )
- Fixed the missing taiga zombie villager skin.
- Fixed a z-fighting texture issue on some villager skins.
- Dyed leather horse armor color no longer affects other horse armor. ( )
- Vindicators can now path correctly over carpet during raids.
- The wither no longer plays its spawning animation when reloading a world. ( )
- Mobs no longer path-find over brewing stands.
- Added a sound to indicate when a villager does not want to trade (like during a raid).
- Mobs now spawn on double slabs. ( )
- Fixed the sitting model for cats that were previously tamed ocelots. ( )
- Fixed missing zombie villager sounds. ( )
- New zombie villagers now have the correct name in death messages instead of a placeholder name. ( )
- Mobs no longer get stuck when pathfinding on ladders. ( )
- Evokers no longer move too fast when moving towards villages in raids.
- Mobs no longer spawn inside leaves during raids.
- Villagers that are actively trading with players no longer run and hide when the raid bell rings.
- Tamed tuxedo cats now use the proper texture. ( )
- Stray cats can no longer claim beds in villages for worlds converted from version 1.10. ( )
- The ghast spinning model in monster spawners is now the correct size.
- Fixed the wandering trader's podzol and coral trades.
- Removed the sand trade from the wandering trader.
- Iron golems no longer run to the world center after their village is destroyed. ( )
- Villagers without professions now follow regular schedules and actually sleep.
- Fixed the creeper model in some Marketplace maps.
- Fixed various scenarios where certain blocks couldn't be placed until the game was restarted.
- Frosted ice blocks can now be broken. ( )
- Flowing lava once again turns into cobblestone when hit by water. ( )
- Red sandstone stairs now have correct textures on all sides. ( )
- Players no longer lose villager job site locations if they replace a job site block that is tied to an experienced villager.
- Village job site blocks now have consistent sound volume levels when used by players.
- Scaffolding can no longer be placed on conduit blocks.
- The bell now swings towards a player when it is hit. ( )
- Note block particles now correctly correspond to the notes played.
- The grindstone now correctly combines and repairs two damaged items.
- Farmland now has the correct side and bottom textures. ( )
- Smokers now have the correct bottom texture. ( )
- Fixed door and trapdoor textures. ( )
- Cocoa beans now break and drop when pushed by pistons. ( )
- Slabs and other non-solid blocks once again prevent grass from growing on dirt. ( )
- Flowing water is no longer left behind after flowing over string. ( )
- Bells now ring when hit with splash and lingering potions.
- Composter growth particles now appear in the correct location.
- Blocks can once again be placed on unlit redstone ore. ( )
- Fixed animated textures for flowing lava and water on several texture packs.
- Efficiency pickaxes now break packed ice at a faster rate. ( )
- Dropped items no longer prevent minecarts from being placed on rails.
- Empty glass bottles now stack correctly when removed from brewing stands. ( )
- Banner patterns can no longer be lost or duplicated when switching them in a loom with a full inventory.
- Using pick block on sweet berry bushes now gives the player the correct item. ( )
- Bone meal is now consumed correctly when used on grass.
- Cactus blocks of different growth stages can be smelted into green dye again. ( )
- Stripped birch wood is no longer used to craft acacia planks when playing on Realms. ( )
- Shields no longer appear too bright in item frames. ( )
- Updated the illager banner texture. ( )
- The correct colors of wool are now displayed as a material required to create colored banners in the recipe book.
- The player's arm is no longer displaced in first-person view after eating food. ( )
- Tinted spawn eggs are now properly scaled in item frames.
- World generation
- Fixed a bug on dedicated servers and Realms which could cause the wrong block types to generate in the world.
- Tweaked the number of job sites that generate in villages.
- User interface
- Updated the glass texture for locked maps in the cartography table UI. ( )
- Adjusted the cartography table screen to fit Android screens when using Classic UI.
- Pressing the Y button on a controller on the cartography table output slot now only crafts the correct amount.
- Added controller tooltips for the lectern screen.
- Items that are split between slots in the villager trading screen still count as a total trade amount.
- The How to Play button on the cartography table now directs to the proper screen.
- Killing a wandering trader's llama can no longer display their inventory screen.
- The screen reader prompt no longer appears every time network settings are adjusted on Nintendo Switch.
- The "Always Day" toggle now correctly animates and shows the correct setting. ( )
- Dates appear again next to player earned achievements in the achievements menu.
- The 'Invite to Game' button is no longer enabled on featured servers.
- Going back to the Play screen (or Settings screen) now properly selects the previously selected tab when Text to Speech is enabled.
- The "Wheel Turning" button is now only shown once in the Minecraft VR settings.
- Made improvements to the patch notes to make sure the correct ones show up after an update.
- The Marketplace search screen now displays the proper pack icons.
- The "New" tag is now properly removed from a Marketplace collection once it has been viewed.
- Fixed Marketplace sale items not showing the discount percentage.
- Further improvements to performance when using selectors with commands.
- Removed "tile" prefix in the
/givecommand. ( )
- Made item names more consistent by removing "tile" from the beginning of some of them.
- Blocks and entities that aren't available in the Creative inventory no longer require the "
minecraft:" namespace when used as parameters in commands.
- After 'fishing_hook' is killed by command, players can now cast the hook again without having to cast twice.
- Killing a rideable entity no longer respawns its rider when killed in the same tick.
/testforblockcommand now works reliably with items renamed in the language files.
- Add-ons and script engine
- The behavior pack template once again contains the 'spawn_rules' folder.
- Removing a timer component and adding a new one should no longer have the new timer inherit the old timer's time value.
- Custom underwater mobs can now spawn naturally.
- Custom entities now correctly re-evaluate current target validity.
getBlocksnow returns a 3D array of block objects.
- Fixed a scripting issue that could cause the player to float.
ScriptCollisionBoxComponentnow correctly retrieve updated data.
- Pick block now works correctly on non-vanilla entities that have been added using add-ons. ( )
- Functions ran on a game loop now use an origin which has Game Master permissions, not Owner permissions.
- Added a new constructor parameter to the '
ServerCommandOrigin' so that the function manager can create an instance with upgraded permissions.
- Added a new constructor parameter to the '
- Player position is now reported for the player feet like other mobs.
- Collision Box and Attack components report the correct data now.
Video made by slicedlime:
- "Minecraft 1.12.0 (Bedrock)" , July 9, 2019.
- "All the new Splashes added in the 126.96.36.199 Beta update. More than i would have expected. Also. Mum. They spelt it the correct way 😅" – @RyFol on Twitter, May 2, 2019