Armor materials refer to the material that an armor item uses.
There are currently seven armor materials in the game: leather, chainmail, iron, gold, diamond, netherite, and turtle. The armor material of an item determines its durability multiplier, armor values, enchantability, sound events, toughness, knockback resistance, and repair items.
|Material Name||Durability Multiplier[n 1]||Defense Points||Enchantability||Sound Event Type||Toughness||Knockback Resistance||Repair Item|
- The durability multiplier multiplies each item slot's base durability. The base values are: 11 for head, 16 for chest, 15 for legs, 13 for feet.
- Referred to as both "chain" and "chainmail" in the code.
- Although the turtle material is currently used only by turtle shells, it has unused protection values for other equip slots.
Other mechanics in the game use these materials for various purposes.
- Piglins are neutral towards players wearing gold armor.
- Players and other entities wearing leather armor do not freeze when in powdered snow, and do not fall through powdered snow when wearing leather boots.