|Java Edition version history|
|◄ 1.7 • 1.8 • 1.9 ►|
- Diorite, Andesite, and Granite – variants of Stone that can be crafted and found naturally.
- Coarse Dirt – crafted using dirt and gravel in a 2×2 checkered pattern, and replaces the grassless dirt variant found in mega taiga, mesa and savanna biomes
- Prismarine, Prismarine Bricks, and Dark Prismarine – generate in Ocean Monuments
- Red Sandstone
- Iron Trapdoor – can only be opened and closed using Redstone
- Sea Lantern – generate in ocean monuments, emit a light level of 15 and have a subtle animated texture
- Wet Sponge – obtained when a sponge soaks up water. Dropped by Elder Guardians on player kills
- Slime Blocks – mobs and players that land on the top will bounce, like a trampoline, negating all fall damage.
- Barrier Blocks – acts like Bedrock but is completely transparent. Becomes visible to players who are holding a barrier in their hand while in creative.
- Polished variants of Diorite, Andesite, and Granite
- New variants for Fences, Fence Gates and Doors
- Prismarine Crystals and Prismarine Shards – dropped by Guardians
- Raw Mutton – drops from Sheep
- Cooked Mutton
- Raw Rabbit – drops from Rabbits
- Cooked Rabbit
- Rabbit Stew
- Rabbit Hide
- Potion of Leaping
- Spawn Eggs for Guardians, Endermites, and Rabbits
- 4 new mobs: Guardians, Elder Guardians, Endermites, and Rabbits
- Armor Stand
- Ocean Monuments
- Customized world type
- Debug Mode world type
- New achievement: Overpowered – obtained by crafting an enchanted golden apple
- New enchantment: Depth Strider – up to three levels, allows players to move faster while in water.
- Spectator Mode
- @e target selector – targets all entities including players
- /kill – removed "Ouch! That looked like it hurt" message
- /execute, /trigger, /replaceitem, /blockdata, /entitydata, /clone, /fill, /testforblocks, /stats, /worldborder, /title, and /particle commands added
- logAdminCommands, sendCommandFeedback, showDeathMessages, reducedDebugInfo, and randomTickSpeed gamerules added
- Many new splashes
- New options in Skin Customization, multiplayer settings, and video settings (Use VBOs and Alternative Block toggles)
- New statistics
- New creeper and spider shaders
- This section is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
- Chiseled and Cracked Stone Bricks, Mossy Cobblestone, and Mossy Stone Bricks are now craftable
- Beacon light beams now change color when going through stained glass/stained glass panes
- Doors stack to 64, and give three instead of one when crafted
- Furnaces now rewind at 2 times speed when they run out of fuel
- Buttons can be placed on the ceiling and on the ground
- Daylight sensors can now be inverted by right clicking
- Mob heads are available in Survival
- Monster Spawners can be right clicked with a spawn egg in hand to change what it produces
- Updated mob AI for all mobs
- Removed AI for Giants and Humans
- Iron Golems no longer attack the player while in Creative Mode
- Tamed Ocelots and Tamed Wolves display a death message in chat if they were named with a name tag
- Arrows behave differently underwater, losing all velocity after a few blocks and slowly fall
- Enchanting now costs Lapis Lazuli
- Added new default skin with slim arms: Alex
Released on November 24, 2014. This update adds the doEntityDrops gamerule.
- This is the longest wait for a major update to Minecraft, since the last version was released on October 25, 2013, 253 days ago.
- 1.3.1 had the previous longest development version, with a release on August 1, 2012, 153 days after the release of 1.2.1.
- This is also the longest development to a major update in the history of Minecraft, with the first snapshot coming out on January 9, 2014, 177 days ago.
- The previous longest was also 1.3, with 111 days from the first snapshot to the final release.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.