| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a Minecraft Wiki stub. You can help by
|Java Edition version history|
|◄ 1.14 • 1.15 • 1.16(NYR) ►|
It was confirmed by Mojang that 1.15 would not focus on caves. It was also confirmed by Maria Lemón via Twitter that this will be the next major update - not the Nether Update announced at MINECON Live 2019.
- doInsomnia – whether phantoms can spawn in the night
- doImmediateRespawn – players respawn immediately without showing the death screen
- drowningDamage – whether players should take damage from drowning
- fallDamage – whether players should take fall damage
- fireDamage – whether the player should take fire damage
- Added 3 new advancements:
- Sticky Situation - Break a fall by landing on a honey block
- Bee our Guest - Safely collect honey from a bee nest or hive with a campfire
- Total Beelocation - Carry a bee nest with 3 bees inside it
- Sneak and Sprint inputs can now be switched between Hold and Toggle mode in the Accessibility Options
- Added new particles
- Added new tags
- Minecraft now requires OpenGL 2.0
- Right-clicking on a bed during daytime will now set the player's spawn location to that bed
- Bells now ring if powered with a redstone signal
- Firework rockets dispensed from a dispenser now travel in the direction they were fired
- Wet sponges now dry out when placed in the Nether
- Dispensers can now be used to collect honey bottles, water bottles, and honeycombs; and can also place Armor Stands
- Iron golems now crack as they lose health and can be repaired with iron ingots
- Campfires can now be extinguished with a shovel
- Composters are now crafted with wooden slabs, instead of fences and wooden planks
- Dark Prismarine is now crafted from black dye instead of Ink Sacs
- End Stone Bricks now have a hardness of 3 and a blast resistance of 45
Fixed 303 bugs.
Snapshots and Pre-releases
There are 15 snapshots and currently 7 Pre-releases as of December 9, 2019: 19w34a, 19w35a, 19w36a, 19w37a, 19w38a, 19w38b, 19w39a, 19w40a, 19w41a, 19w42a, 19w44a, 19w45a, 19w45b, 19w46a, 19w46b, Pre-release 1, Pre-release 2, Pre-release 3, Pre-release 4, Pre-release 5, Pre-release 6 and Pre-release 7.
- ↑ https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-1-15-pre-release-1
- ↑ https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/buzzy-bees-out-now-in-java
- ↑ https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-snapshot-19w34a
- ↑ https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-java-1-14-4-released
- ↑ Minecraft on Twitter: "A few weeks ago, we announced the bee as the latest mob coming to Minecraft. Today, we’re happy to share that the bee will bee in both Bedrock and Java by the holidays, alongside the new-and-sticky honey block. Sweet!
- ↑ #minecraft - Official Minecraft Discord by HelenAngel. "I can’t say what the next update is except that it is NOT a cave update."
- ↑ Maria Lemón on Twitter: "1.16" in response to the question, "will the Nether (and mountain biome) be updated in Java 1.15 or 1.16, or even a later update?"