1.14 (also referred to as Village and Pillage) is an update for Minecraft: Java Edition that was released on April 23, 2019. Its primary focus is villages, adding a new subset of Illagers known as pillagers, and redesigning village architecture to match the biome where it is located. This update also includes many new blocks and mobs, a revamp of the crafting system by moving some functionalities to different blocks, updates the taiga biome with foxes and berries, and adds a new bamboo forest jungle variant along with pandas and bamboo.
|Java Edition version history|
|◄ 1.13 • 1.14 • 1.15(NYR) ►|
- Wandering Trader
- Trader Llama
- A special type of llama that follows wandering traders,wears clothing similar to what the wandering trader wears.
- Nocturnal mobs that spawn in the taiga biome; has a white colored variant when it spawns on snowy taiga biomes.
- Brown Mooshroom
- Spawns when lightning strikes a red mooshroom.
- Spawns in the new bamboo jungle biome (and variants).
- New building blocks made of bamboo which can be used in creating high places.
- Jigsaw Block
- Unobtainable technical block
- Responsible for generation of pillager outposts as well as the new villages
- Variants of signs in birch, jungle, dark oak, acacia, and spruce woods
- New stair, slab, and wall variants
- Mossy stone brick
- Mossy cobblestone
- Red sandstone
- Red nether brick
- End stone brick
- More stair and slab variants
All of these blocks are found in villages
- Compact storage container
- Similar to a single Chest, but functions even with a solid block above it
- Found at the fisherman villager's cottage.
- Makes a loud ring when right clicked,alerting nearby villagers.
- Found at villages' common meeting areas
- Blast Furnace
- Can smelt metal ore twice as fast as a furnace.
- Has lower fuel efficiency as a standard furnace.
- Gives fewer Experience Points.
- Found at the armorer villager's shop.
- Cartography Table
- Adds a GUI for expanding maps
- Found at the cartographer shop
- Can be used to decompose plant-type blocks and items.
- Produces Bonemeal .
- Can be found on village farms.
- Removes non-curse enchantments from tools.
- Refunds a small amount of Experience.
- Can also combine the durability of two damaged tools.
- Found at the weaponsmith shop.
- Adds a GUI for patterning banners.
- Found at the shepherd's house.
- Cooks food twice as fast.
- Lower fuel efficiency as a furnace, running at 8 porkchops-per-coal.
- Found at the butcher's shop.
- Allows for crafting of stone materials with one block of the stone required.
The following have no functionality but are still found in villages
- Changes to villages
- New pillager outpost
- Contains a loot chest at the top of the building
- Pillagers spawn around the outpost with iron golems imprisoned in cages.
- New flowers
- New sweet berries and sweet berry bushes, found in the taiga biome
- Bushes appear less frequently in the biome's snowy variations.
- Appear as decoration in taiga biome Villages.
- New ranged weapon
- Deals slightly more damage than a bow.
- After loading,it remains in the inventory ready to fire
- Can be enchanted, with three new enchantments unique to the crossbow
- Suspicious Stew
- Can be found in shipwreck supply chests
- Can be crafted with different flowers to produce different effects when consumed.
- New Dyes
- Brown dye, crafted from cocoa beans.
- Blue dye, crafted from cornflower/lapis blue lazuli.
- White dye, crafted from lily of the valley/bonemeals.
- Black dye, crafted from inc sacs/wither roses.
- New status effect called bad omen
- Applied when the player kills an illager patrol leader.
- Triggers an illager raid when the player next enters a village.
- Two attack waves come for every level of Bad Omen.
- Villagers stop trading, instead, emitting blue particles,as if they are sweating.
- Removed using the crafting grid to combine the durability of damaged tools.
- Grindstone is now required to repair tools and weapons without an anvil.
- Players can walk through areas that are 1.5 blocks high if they are sneaking.They can also fit through 1 block high spaces and will appear to be on the ground.
- Removed option to turn off VBO in the settings of the game. VBO is now forced on.
- Added New Splash Screen When Launching Minecraft.
- Vines can now be climbed without the need of support blocks
- Villagers wear clothes unique to the biome they come from and on what their profession is.
- Cats and ocelots are now two separate types of mobs
- Stray cats can now spawn in villages
- Cats get a collar when tamed
- Cats come in ten different textures
- Ocelots,when fed with fish, will trust the player and can be bred
- Lapis lazuli, cocoa beans, Ink sacs and bonemeal can no longer be used as dye (new dyes are replacing them).
- All textures are being updated
- The legacy texture pack will still be available (called Programmer Art)
Released on May 13, 2019, this update improved performance and fixed 52 bugs in 1.14. It also added 3 new Splash Texts, the ability to pause the game without bringing up the pause menu, texture fixes, and proper lighting for villages.
- It was confirmed that combat would not be overhauled in this update, with Mojang preferring to collect more player feedback first.