1.11, the first release of the Exploration Update was a major update to Minecraft, released on November 14, 2016. This update focused mainly on making improvements to survival mode, by adding new Mobs, and new exploration mechanics.
|Java Edition version history|
|◄ 1.10 • 1.11 • 1.12 ►|
- "Javalicious edition"
- "Should not be played while driving"
- "You're going too fast"
- New strings within the game were made available for internationalization:
- World selection error messages.
- Customized superflat preset names.
- Spectator Mode-specific options and messages.
- In the options menu: the words "chunks" and "fps".
- In item tooltips: the words "Color: ", "NBT: ", and "Durability: ".
- The F3+Q keybindings and text associated with other F3 actions.
- Text associated with downloading resource packs from servers.
/save-all flushcommand output.
- NBT tags
- New display tag entry for items:
LocNamefor translation strings.
CustomPotionColorinteger tag for potions and potion arrows to overwrite/set the color.
ColorMapinteger tag for filled maps to overwrite/set the color of the marks in the item texture.
- Determines whether the weather will change.
- Defaults to true.
- Defaults to 24.
- If one entity tries to push 24 other entities, it starts to suffocate.
- Setting to 0 disables the rule.
- Affects mobs and players only.
- Curse Enchantments:
- Enchantments with negative effects.
- Two curses added: the Curse of Binding (Enchantment ID 10) and the Curse of Vanishing (Enchantment ID 71).
- Curse of Binding will bind the item to a player, making them unable to drop it or take it off if it is an armor item, although it will drop when they die.
- Players in Creative Mode are unaffected by this curse.
- Curse of Vanishing will make the item disappear if a player dies.
/gamerule keepInventory truewill prevent this.
- Cursed tools and armor can be found as loot in some generated structures.
- Sweeping Edge - A sword enchantment that applies a damage multiplier to every enemy hit within the arc of a sweeping attack.
- Evoker - Hostile iillager-type mob, found in new Woodland Mansions.
- Llama - A neutral mob that can be used to transport goods.
- Vex - A hostile mob summoned by evokers.
- Vindicator - Hostile illager-type mob, found in new Woodland Mansions.
- Observer (Added to PC edition).
- Exploration Map - Obtained from cartographer villagers, shows treasure locations in the Overworld.
- Shulker Box - Like a chest, but it keeps content inside when broken.
- Shulker Shell - Crafting item needed to craft the shulker box.
- Totem of Undying - Resurrects a player when they die, if equipped.
- Iron Nuggets - Obtained from smelting iron tools and armor or putting an iron ingot in a crafting table.
- Return Portal - Portals in The End that take a player back to the main island.
- Woodland Mansion - Generates in Roofed Forest Biomes.
- The cross-hairs of the attack indicator now informs players with an exclamation point if the target is within range.
- Fireworks can now give players a temporary speed boost while flying with an elytra. This is done by right-clicking while having the fireworks selected during flight.
- Bows with the infinity enchantment cannot be enchanted with mending.
- Gold nuggets can be obtained from smelting gold armor or tools.
- This also applies to the iron nugget added earlier in this update.
- Horse armor can now be crafted.
- 1.11 was split into two separate updates (1.11 and 1.11.1) because the update was so big.
- 1.11.1 was released on December 20, 2016.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.