Op donderdag 19 september 2013 werd Minecraft Wiki gemigreerd naar Curse's nieuwe Gamepedia platform.
Wat is het Gamepedia platform?
The "Gamepedia platform" has been designed by Curse's Wiki Platform Team to assist in the management of Curse's wiki network. It allows unified login across the entire Curse network through the netbar at the top of each page. All users are then logged in through the central user database. It also incorporates the Curse footer. These two items help to standardize the look and feel of our wikis with our other properties.
Aside from these front-end items, the Gamepedia platform allows the wiki team easy access to implement MediaWiki extensions as requested by our communities, as well as other basic configuration settings. It also allows our Wiki Platform Team to upgrade MediaWiki software on all the wikis at one time, rather than having to do each one separately. This is a major time saving step. Prior to the development of this platform, it would take up a significant amount of time to upgrade all of our wikis. This kind of mass management is the driving idea behind its development.
Hoe beïnvloedt dit mij?
The most direct effect the migration will have on individual users of Minecraft Wiki will be visible the first time they try to login to the "new and improved" wiki. We have set up a User Merge process that will compare your user information with the main Curse user database and either merge your wiki account with an existing Curse account, or will create a new Curse user account that will then be valid on all Curse.com websites.
Stappen om voorafgaand de migratie te nemen om het gemakkelijk te maken
- Make sure your wiki account has your email address attached. (Go to Special:Preferences and enter your email address if you haven't already).
- If you have a Curse.com account, make sure it uses the same email address as your wiki account.
Het Gebruiker Samenvoegproces
After the migration has been completed, users will be asked to login to the wiki using their normal wiki account. The system will compare the wiki's user database, and the Curse.com user database.
- If your wiki username and e-mail address match exactly to an existing Curse.com account the two will be merged, and you can continue to edit normally.
- If your e-mail address matches a record in the Curse.com database, but the username is different, the system will use the Curse.com username for the wiki. You will also be granted a one time display name credit to choose a display name that will then appear throughout the wiki (default signatures/recent changes/userpage).
- If your e-mail address does not match any existing account in the Curse.com database, you will be asked for a username. If the username does not match an existing username in the Curse.com database, a new account will be generated.
- If your Username matches, but not the e-mail address on the wiki account, the system renames user on wiki <username001> - you can link to existing Curse account or create a new Curse account. This also grants a display name credit.
- If neither e-mail address or username exist in the Curse.com database, a new curse account is created automatically.
Wat moet ik doen als ik problemen heb met het samenvoegen van mijn accounts?
If you run into problems merging your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and someone will assist you.
Gebruikersnaamproblemen of Wachtwoordproblemen
If following the merger you find that your username/password combination is no longer accepted, one simple solution is to visit the Curse login page and click 'Forgot your password'. This will allow you to reset your password through the linked email address. For more information on this process, see "How do I reset my password (forgot my password)?".