- Este artículo trata sobre Legacy Console Edition por 4J Studios. Para Bedrock Edition en Nintendo Switch, véase Bedrock Edition.
(Online interactions not rated)
|Código fuente disponible||
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition es la edición de Minecraft desarrollada por 4J Studios y Mojang Studios para Nintendo Switch. fue anunciada el 12 de enero del 2017 en la Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017, y estuvo disponible en Nintendo eShop por $29.99 entre el 11 de mayo de 2017 y el 21 de junio de 2018. Los propietarios digitales existentes todavía pueden acceder, volver a descargar y jugar esta versión. Se dijo que la versión comercial llegaría en una fecha posterior, pero nunca se lanzó. DLC for the game is still available on the Nintendo eShop. Like Xbox One Edition and PlayStation 4 Edition players, Nintendo Switch Edition owners have the option to download the Bedrock version for free, however not all DLC will transfer. As with other games that are released on the Nintendo Switch, Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition can be played in TV Mode, Handheld Mode, or Tabletop Mode.
Compared to Wii U Edition, Nintendo Switch Edition includes world sizes up to 3072×3072 blocks, 11 chunk render distance, and other enhancements offered by the Nintendo Switch. Nintendo Switch Edition has all Legacy Console Edition exclusive features, the most notable being Mini games.
Nintendo Switch Edition's most recent feature update is the World of Color Update.
- Artículo principal: Controls#Legacy Console Edition
Nintendo Switch Edition can be played in TV Mode, Handheld Mode, and Tabletop Mode. The in-game username corresponds to the display name of the current Nintendo Switch user or users, which is changeable. The game is playable with a pair of Joy-Con or a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Because of the Nintendo Switch's 720p screen, splitscreen is available even in Tabletop Mode. The render distance is 11 chunks in TV Mode and 7 chunks outside of TV Mode. Worlds from Wii U Edition can be transferred over a local network, but currently cannot be loaded on the Nintendo Switch Edition, as Wii U Edition has Update Aquatic, while the Nintendo Switch Edition does not. Similarly to PlayStation Vita Edition, the network mode of the game can be switched between Online and Local - the latter enables multiplayer with nearby consoles running Nintendo Switch Edition.
The following DLC is included in Nintendo Switch Edition:
- Skin Packs:
- Battle & Beasts Skin Pack
- Battle & Beasts 2 Skin Pack
- Texture Packs:
- Natural Texture Pack
- City Texture Pack
- Fantasy Texture Pack
- Mash-up packs:
- Festive Mash-up
- Super Mario Mash-up
Any additional DLC for Nintendo Switch Edition can be found on the Nintendo eShop. However, the "Season Pass" and nearly all Mini game DLC are absent on the Nintendo Switch Edition, even though they can be purchased on every other version of Legacy Console Edition, including the Wii U Edition. When asked about this during the Official Minecraft Livestream, it was stated that excluding Nintendo Switch Edition players from DLC is "kind of intentional." The only Mini game DLC available on the platform is the Valley Battle Map through the purchase of the Chinese Mythology Mash-Up Pack.
- It had been announced that Nintendo Switch Edition would receive a physical release at a later date. Mojang has since stated that the edition would "not be available for new purchase" after the release of Bedrock Edition on Nintendo Switch. There has been no further confirmation of a physical release since then.
- After it was removed from the Nintendo eShop, as it is not possible to redeem codes for games that are no longer distributed, there is currently no way to purchase this edition.
- DLC has not been removed from Nintendo eShop and is still available for purchase.
- Along with the other editions of Minecraft for Nintendo platforms, Nintendo Switch Edition was the most expensive edition of Minecraft, as it was only sold in a bundle with several add-on packs.
- All DLC included with Nintendo Switch Edition are the same as the Xbox One Edition Holiday Pack, except that the Nintendo-exclusive Super Mario Mash-Up Pack is included in place of the Halo Mash-Up Pack. The Halo Mash-Up Pack was Xbox-exclusive until it was later made available as DLC for the Wii U Edition and Nintendo Switch Edition on March 27, 2018.
- Unlike the PlayStation 4 Edition and Xbox One Edition, the Nintendo eShop did not have a free demo for Nintendo Switch Edition.
- Compared to Xbox One Edition and PlayStation 4 Edition, Nintendo Switch Edition has a lower render distance, and has neither the Large world size nor the Amplified Worlds option. However, transferring a Java Edition-created Amplified world from the Wii U Edition will force new terrain to render with Amplified features enabled.
- At launch, the resolution in TV Mode was restricted to 720p because of technical difficulties with changing the resolution during gameplay. 1.0.6 resolved this and increased the resolution to 1080p.
- The Wii U save transfer functionality was added in 1.0.7, and unlike other Legacy Console Editions, works over a local network.
- 4J Studios, "Minecraft: Switch Edition :) #MinecraftSwitch", Twitter, 2017-01-13.
- "Update Aquatic Coming to Legacy Console Editions" – Minecraft.net
-  - The Official Minecraft Livestream