Mojang Specifications (2009–2010)
Xbox Game Studios
Mojang (pronunciado /moʊˈdʒæŋ/ ᴍᴏʜ-jang) Studios, es un desarrollador de videojuegos para Xbox Game Studios. Se la conoce principalmente por la creación y desarrollo de Minecraft. Con sedes en diferentes ubicaciones alrededor de todo el mundo, Mojang Studios tiene aproximadamente 494 empleados.
- 1 History
- 2 Locations
- 3 Juegos
- 4 Empleados
- 4.1 Empleados actuales
- 4.2 Contractors
- 4.3 Publishers
- 4.4 Some former employees
- 4.5 Former contractors
- 5 Office tour
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
- 8 External links
History[editar | editar código]
Markus Persson and Rolf Jansson started development on massively multiplayer online role-playing game Wurm Online in 2003, using the name Mojang Specifications. Persson and Jansson incorporated their business under the name Mojang Specifications AB in 2007. Persson soon left and wished to reuse the name "Mojang"; Jansson renamed his company to Onetoofree AB, and later to Code Club AB.
During early development on Minecraft, Persson reused the name Mojang Specifications. After declining a job offer at Valve, Notch incorporated Mojang Specifications as Mojang AB ("Mojäng Aktiebolag", Swedish for "Gadget Ltd.") with Jakob Porsér. Persson then hired Carl Manneh as CEO, since both wanted to focus on MinecraftPlantilla:Hairsp's development.
Mojang publicly announced on September 15, 2014, that they would be bought by Microsoft for US$2.5 billion, and they subsequently became a subsidiary of Microsoft Studios (now known as Xbox Game Studios) on November 6, 2014. Mojang AB as a legal entity continues to exist as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
On May 17, 2020 (the eleventh anniversary of Minecraft), Mojang announced that they were changing their name to Mojang Studios, unveiling a new logo and a logo animation.
Locations[editar | editar código]
Mojang Studios in Stockholm is the home office of the larger Minecraft studio and is where the decisions regarding the Minecraft franchise are made. Mojang Studios also includes satellite offices in Japan, China, the United Kingdom, and Redmond, Washington, United States, sharing a single studio budget and studio vision between all locations. The head of the studio is Helen Chiang who is assisted by Mojang CEO Jonas Mårtensson  Matt Booty, the former CVP of Minecraft, was promoted to the CVP of Xbox Game Studios and reports to Phil Spencer, who is the Executive Vice President of Microsoft's gaming division.
The UK office works closely with platform partners in Europe as well as partner studio 4J Studios. The China office works closely with the partner studio NetEase. The Japan office works closely with platform partners in Japan and Asia. The Redmond office, like the one in Stockholm, assists with all the editions. Nearly all teams are spread out across both Stockholm and Redmond offices, except that Edición Education is developed primarily in Redmond, and Edición Java is developed primarily in Stockholm.
Juegos[editar | editar código]
Minecraft[editar | editar código]
- Artículo principal: Minecraft
Minecraft Dungeons[editar | editar código]
- Artículo principal: Minecraft Dungeons
Minecraft Earth[editar | editar código]
- Artículo principal: Minecraft Earth
Minecraft: Story Mode[editar | editar código]
- Artículo principal: Minecraft: Story Mode
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two[editar | editar código]
- Artículo principal: Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two
Caller's Bane[editar | editar código]
Caller's Bane (originally known as Scrolls) is a Mojang game which was first conceived and developed by Jakob Porsér, with Måns Olson and Henrik Pettersson joining later on. Announced on March 2, 2011, it aims to combine elements from trading card games and traditional board games in the strategy genre.
In August 2011, Mojang had been threatened with legal action by the legal team representing ZeniMax Media, with the accusation being that the original title "Scrolls" infringes on the The Elder Scrolls trademark, a series of role-playing video games published by Bethesda Softworks (a ZeniMax Media subsidiary). In mid-October 2011, the court case was won by Mojang, and one employee described the outcome as "the court saw it from our side". No further action was taken against Mojang, and the name "Scrolls" was allowed to remain.
The game was first made available to a limited number of people through alpha keys giveaways, starting from July 5, 2012. It then hit beta on June 3, 2013 since when it is purchasable at a discounted price. The game was fully released on December 11, 2014, on PC, Mac, and Android devices, but on June 29th, 2015, Mojang announced that development of Scrolls would cease as "the game has reached a point where it can no longer sustain continuous development". Servers for the game didn’t shut down, however, until February 13, 2018.
On June 20, 2018, it was announced that the game would be released for free, along with changing the name from Scrolls to Caller's Bane.
Cobalt[editar | editar código]
Cobalt es un juego de acción desarrollado por Oxeye Game Studios y publicado/codesarrollado por Mojang. Announced on August 16, 2011, the gameplay consists of "running, jumping, rolling, shooting, throwing, dancing, hacking, rolling, flying, sliding, climbing, looting, deflecting, racing, piñata-ing, passing, scoring… and even more rolling!". The game also includes a map editor, and an engine that can be used to make new modes and games within it.
Cobalt is written in Lua, allowing for the game to be easily modifiable. The game was first made available through an alpha, starting from December 16, 2011, when it was offered at a discounted price. On August 20, 2013, Cobalt was announced to be released on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, with FatShark AB assisting with the port.
Originally, the game was planned to be released for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PS3 in 2014, but was delayed twice to allow for more development time. The game was ultimately released for PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One on February 2, 2016.
Crown and Council[editar | editar código]
Crown and Council es un juego de estrategia casual completamente desarrollado por Henrik Pettersson. It was originally conceived in a 72-hour game jam, and was released on April 22, 2016. It was inspired by the games History of the World and Slay, although many compare it to Risk.
The game puts the player in control of a nation warring against others on a tile-based map. Each turn, the player earns income based on how many conquered tiles they have, and can spend earned money to conquer other tiles or improve their own through the construction of structures like forts, villages and universities, which all provide different bonuses. The player wins a map once they have vanquished all enemies, regardless of actual remaining neutral tiles. There are 75 maps, with additional maps being procedurally generated.
He originally said he planned on continuing working on the game to fix bugs and add features. An update released in January 2017 added a 99-map campaign and tweaks to the procedural generation and land-taking mechanics to improve balance. The most important change was in the calculations affecting the attack and defense of territories: the element of "randomness" was removed, and "attrition" was added, meaning that failed attacks improve the chance of future attacks succeeding. This update also added OSX and Linux versions.
Cobalt W.A.S.D.[editar | editar código]
Cobalt W.A.S.D. (short for Cobalt W.A.S.D. Aim Shoot Destroy) is an action video game developed by Oxeye Game Studios and co-developed / published by Mojang. Announced on June 1, 2017, it is a spin-off of Cobalt, focusing on the Team Deathmatch mode.
The game was first made available in a closed beta the same day, and was originally planned to be released in August of that year. However, it was delayed to allow for more development time. The game was ultimately released for PC on November 30, 2017.
Unreleased games[editar | editar código]
RubyDung[editar | editar código]
- Artículo principal: RubyDung
0x10c[editar | editar código]
- Artículo principal: 0x10c
Following the end to his involvement with Minecraft, Notch began pre-production of an alternate reality space game set in the distant future in March 2012. 0x10c is a hexadecimal number equivalent to 1612 in decimal, which equals 281,474,976,710,656, which was the number of years that were passed in story since 1988. On April Fools' Day 2012, Mojang launched a satirical website for Mars Effect, citing the lawsuit with Bethesda as an inspiration. However, the gameplay elements remained true and on April 4, 2012, Mojang revealed it as a space sandbox title.
The game was eventually put on hold in April of 2013 because Notch had found creative blocks. However, at the time, he was still interested in expanding the development staff to push the game toward release. Eventually, the game was indefinitely shelved on August 13, 2013, but Notch added that it could be made in the future if another Mojang employee was interested in developing it.
Project Rex Kwon Do[editar | editar código]
From September 5, 2011 to July 19, 2012, Mojang was co-developing a video game tentatively titled Project Rex Kwon Do alongside an undisclosed developer. Before the title had reached a significant stage of development, Mojang cancelled the collaboration to focus on developing their own titles (Minecraft, Scrolls, and 0x10c at the time).
Empleados[editar | editar código]
Empleados actuales[editar | editar código]
Desarrolladores de juegos[editar | editar código]
|Nathan 'Dinnerbone' Adams||Technical director (Minecraft)||@Dinnerbone|
|Samuel Åberg||Lead sound designer||@slamp0000|
|Jens 'Jeb' Bergensten||Chief Creative Officer (Minecraft, Cobalt and Minecraft Dungeons)||@jeb_
|Bartosz Bok||Desarrollador de juegos||@0x00716f62|
|Niklas 'BarneyBear' Börestam||Lead Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft Dungeons)|
|Erik 'Grum' Broes||Desarrollador de juegos||@_grum|
|David Carlton||Desarrollador de juegos||@cornerhardmc|
|Tommaso 'tommo' Checchi||Desarrollador de juegos||@_tomcc|
|Henning Erlandsen||Desarrollador de juegos|
|Andy 'Needsmoreclever' Hill||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft, RenderDragon)||@needsmoreclever|
|Laura de Llorens Garcia||Desarrollador de juegos|
|Georgii 'fry' Gavrichev||Desarrollador de juegos||@fry_su|
|Mikael 'Slicedlime' Hedberg||Lead tech developer||@slicedlime|
|Mårten Helander||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft Dungeons)|
|Max 'Keso' Herngren||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft Dungeons)||@maxherngren|
|Sebastian Hindefelt||Desarrollador de juegos|
|Peter Hont||Sound designer|
|Kristoffer Jelbring||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft Dungeons)||@KrisJelbring|
|Felix 'Xilefian' Jones||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft: Java Edition)||@xilefian|
|Henrik Kniberg||Desarrollador de juegos||@henrikkniberg|
|Oleg 'Volgar' Kozitsyn||User experience developer||@volgar|
|Agnes 'LadyAgnes' Larsson||Desarrollador de juegos||@_ladyagnes|
|Jason Major||Lead Desarrollador de juegos||@argo_major|
|Lucas Morales||User experience designer||@lucaslsf|
|Petr 'peterix' Mrázek||Desarrollador de juegos||@peterixxx|
|Aron 'degussa' Nieminen||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft and Caller's Bane)|
|Måns Olson||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons)||@MansOlson|
|Brandon 'kingbdogz' Pearce||Desarrollador de juegos. Lead Developer of the "The Aether" and "The Aether II: Genesis of the Void"||@kingbdogz|
|Alexandre Pretto||Desarrollador de juegos||@alexandrepretto|
|Paulo Ragonha||Lead user experience developer||@pirelenito|
|Jakob Ryden||Desarrollador de juegos|
|Saxs||Chief Creative Officer (Minecraft, Minecraft Earth)||@saxs|
|Cory 'Cojomax99' Scheviak||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons)||@cojomax99|
|Emelie Sidesiö||User experience developer|
|Michael 'Searge' Stoyke||Desarrollador de juegos||@SeargeDP|
|Greg Snook||Lead Desarrollador de juegos|
|Annica Strand||Producer (Minecraft Dungeons)|
|Adrian Toncean||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft Dungeons)||@adrianton3|
|Alexander Torstling||Desarrollador de juegos||@atorstling|
|Nir Vaknin||Desarrollador de juegos||@_ulraf_|
|Daniel Wustenhoff||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons)||@darngeek|
Artists[editar | editar código]
|Johan Aronson||Art director||@johanaronson|
|Daniel Bjorkeförs||Art lead (Minecraft Dungeons)|
|Jasper 'Jappa' Boerstra||Graphic artist||@jasperboerstra|
|Jakob Gavelli||Visual effects artist / 3D artist (Minecraft Dungeons)|
|Mattis 'BombBoy' Grahm||Graphic artist (Caller’s Bane)||@BomuBoi|
|Joel Garvin||Art lead||@joelgarvin3d|
|Jennifer Hammervald||Product designer||@jennisprints|
|Martin Johansson||Art director|
|Markus Karlsson||Graphic designer|
|Sherin Kwan||Product designer|
|Ninni Landin||Art director||@ninnilandin|
|Chris Nordgren||Visual effects artist / 3D artist (Minecraft Dungeons)||@chrisnordgren|
|Kim Petersen||Motion graphics designer|
|Morten N 'MortMort' Rasmussen||3D artist||@mortmort_|
|Mariana Salimena||Concept artist||@cookiecat_9|
|Amanda Strom||Product designer|
|Brendan 'Sully' Sullivan||3D artist||@artofsully|
|Filip Thoms||Product designer|
|Markus 'Junkboy' Toivonen||Art director||@jnkboy|
|Chi Wong||3D artist||@wchiwi|
Marketplace development[editar | editar código]
|Chris Dauchot||Partner Manager|
|John Mercil||Partner Manager, Server Partner Manager|
|Quinn Richter||Program Manager, Minecraft Partner Program||@quinnrichter|
|Todd Stevens||Director, Minecraft Partner Program|
|Greg Walls||Partner Manager|
Release management[editar | editar código]
|Brogan||Marketplace release manager|
|Josh Bullard||Release manager|
|David Fries||Release management lead||@jdavidfries|
|Josh Mulanax||Release manager (Minecraft, Minecraft Earth)||@jorax79|
Software/system development[editar | editar código]
|Pär Axelsson||Service developer||@paera|
|Jonas Bergström||Service developer|
|Petter Gisslen||Service developer|
|Matt Hawley||Service developer|
|Maksim Ivanov||Service developer|
|Maria Katsourani||Service developer|
|Anders Martini||Service developer|
|Jeff Ott||Lead software engineer|
|Robert Sjodahl||Lead system engineer||@robertsjodahl|
|Stefan Torstensson||Service developer|
|Wenlan Yang||Service developer|
Content and community[editar | editar código]
|Karim Walldén||Head of community relations||@dearkarim|
|Jay Wells||Community Manager||@mega_spud|
|Joel Sasaki||Sr. Community Manager||@raijinn|
|Matthew Gartzke||Community Manager (Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons)||@mattgartzke|
|Nova Barlow||Community Manager||@novabarlow|
|Kristina Horner||Community Manager||@kristinahorner|
|Matthew 'Moesh' Dryden||Content coordinator||@lemoesh|
|Oskar Thysell||Content coordinator|
|Sara Lempiäinen||Content coordinator|
|Andreas Thomasson||Content coordinator|
Realms development[editar | editar código]
|Billy Sjöberg||Realms developer|
|Brian Trevethan||Realms developer|
|Erik Bylund||Realms developer|
|Magnus Jäderberg||Realms developer|
|Márcio Oliveira||Realms developer||@marcio_os|
Business development[editar | editar código]
|Helen Chiang ||Head of Mojang Studios||@pr1ncessp1ggy|
|Owen 'Bopogamel' Jones||Director of creative communications||@bopogamel|
|Josefina Axelsson||Financial assistant||@vitasparven|
|Lydia 'MinecraftChick' Winters||Chief brand officer||@LydiaWinters|
|Patrick Geuder||Director of business development||@pgeuder|
|Vu Bui||Chief content officer||@vubui|
|Jonas Mårtensson||Chief executive officer||@maartensson|
|Isabella Balk||Office manager|
|Aleksandra 'Ola' Zajac||Office manager/HR||@missmarzenia
|Siri Hoel Andersson||Office manager||@sirihoel|
|David Nisshagen||Producer (Minecraft Dungeons)||@davidnisshagen|
|Olof Carlson||Production director||@olofcarlson|
|Shoghi Cervantes||IT manager||@shoghicp|
|Ulrika Hojgard||Chief operations officer|
|Marina Kostesic||Senior financial accountant|
|Shelia Ho||Head of creative production|
|Klas Hammarström||Production manager|
|Moira Ingeltun||Video producer||@moizrgi|
|Maja Samuelsson||Human Resources director||@majams|
|Cesar Sima Falck||IT manager|
|Thomas Wiborgh||Head of marketing communications|
|Per Landin||Creative communications assistant||@perlandin|
|Alice Löfgren||Head of social media|
Mojang support[editar | editar código]
|Name Redacted||Head of Mojang Customer Support|
Intellectual property enforcement[editar | editar código]
|Name Redacted||Head of Intellectual property enforcement|
Contractors[editar | editar código]
|57Digital||Developers of Minecraft Explorer, the official Minecraft companion guide for iOS, as well as the Minecraft Skin Studio, and Marketplace Partners.||@57digital||Jamie Chapman and Luke Dixon|
|Nikolaj Nyholm||Assisted Mojang with their early business development.||@nikolaj|
|Daniel 'C418' Rosenfeld||Made some music and sounds for Minecraft and 0x10c.||@c418||Has high self-esteem!|
|Paul Spooner||Assisted with the development of Minecraft's trees.||@dudecon|
|Kristoffer Zetterstrand||Made the paintings for Minecraft.||@zetterstrand||The subject of a Wikipedia article|
|4J Studios||Developers of the PlayStation 4 Edition of Minecraft||@4JStudios||Developed Banjo-Kazooie for Xbox.|
|Garry 'Army of Trolls' J Lucken||Made the skins for the Pocket Edition Skin packs and some skins in the Halloween and Skin Pack 3 Skin packs for Legacy Console Edition||@armyoftrolls|
|Del Rey Books||Publisher of various Minecraft novels and guidebooks||@delreybooks|
|Dark Horse Comics||Publisher of the Minecraft graphic novel series||@darkhorsecomics|
|Double Eleven||Developing Minecraft Dungeons alongside Mojang Studios and Xbox Game Studios||@doubleelevenltd|
Publishers[editar | editar código]
|Mojang Studios||Minecraft Java, Bedrock and New Nintendo 3DS Edition||@mojang|
|Xbox Game Studios||Minecraft Bedrock Edition||@msstudiosblog|
|Sony Computer Entertainment||Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition||@playstation|
Some former employees[editar | editar código]
|Marsh Davies||Creative communications manager||@marshdavies|
|Corey 'MonsieurV3rt' Clemans||Latin America Community coordinator||@coreyclemans|
|Christian Westman||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft Dungeons)||@westmaaan|
|Brynjólfur 'Binni' Erlingsson||Data warehouse manager|
|Markus 'Notch' Persson||Founder of Mojang, creator of Minecraft
Desarrollador de juegos
His beard has been shaved for charity.
When Mojang was sold to Microsoft, he left the company soon after along with the other two founders.
|Tobias Möllstam||Web developer||@mollstam|
|Carl Manneh||Founder of Mojang
Chief Executive Officer
|Daniel 'Kappische' Kaplan||Business developer||@Kappische|
|Warren 'EvilSeph' Loo||Desarrollador de juegos||@EvilSeph|
|Jakob Porsér||Founder of Mojang
Desarrollador de juegos (Caller’s Bane)
|Johan Bernhardsson||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft Java Edition)||@jbernhardsson|
|Leonard 'xlson' Gram||Web developer||@xlson|
|Henrik 'Carnalizer' Pettersson||Production manager of Caller’s Bane
Developer of Crown and Council
|Daniel Frisk||Chief architect||@danfrisk|
|Karin Severinson||Chief financial officer||@KarinSeverinson|
|Ryan 'TheMogMiner' Holtz||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft Java Edition)||@TheMogMiner|
|Martin Odhelius||Web developer||@modhelius|
|Anton Albiin||Customer support agent||@ettglasvatten|
|Hayden 'Dock' Scott-Baron||Artist||@docky|
|Poi Poi Chen||Artist (Scrolls)||@poipoichen|
|Nathan 'Tahg' Gilbert||Minecraft server development||@tahgtahv|
|Linn Hultman||Office manager||@linnsebumsan|
|Andreas 'hideous' Jörgensen||Customer support agent||@hideous_|
|Amir Moulavi||Minecraft Realms lead developer
|Mike 'ClayHero' Till||Customer support agent||@fals3ech0|
|Torbjorn Allard||Web developer||@torbjornallard|
|Andreas Andersson||Customer support agent||@blurplurp|
|Jonatan 'eldrone' Pöljö||Designator||@eldrone|
|David Marby||Realms developer||@dmarby|
|Rikard Herlitz||Chief technology officer||@goocoder|
|Jifeng Zhang||DevOps engineer||@zjfroot|
|Josh 'rockenroll4life' Letellier||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft)||@rockenroll4life|
|Tobias Ahlin||Lead experience designer||@tobiasahlin|
|Tomas Sommar||Web developer||@tomassommar|
|Thomas 'ProfMobius' Guimbretière||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft)||@ProfMobius|
|Helen Zbihlyj||Community Manager||@helenangel|
|Joe Liu||Customer support agent||@joebleh|
|Bella 'Broontoo'||Project manager||@broontoo|
|Mariana 'RazzleberryFox' Graham||Animator, modeler, texture artist||@razzleberryfox|
|Philip 'Zee' Vieira||Realms developer||@zeeraw|
|Magnus Bentling||Desarrollador de juegos (Minecraft)|
|Tom Miles||System engineer|
|Christoffer Hammarström||System developer|
|Johnny Sjöö||Realms developer|
|Mats Henricson||Realms developer||@matshenricson|
|Emily 'StinkyTiger' Richardson||Creative communications assistant|
|Amelia Lindroth Henriksson||Customer support agent|
|Ana Barata Martins||Customer support agent|
|Angehlica Walling||Customer support agent|
|Annika Tripke-Lund||Customer support agent|
|Carl Johnsson||Customer support agent|
|Dante Stjernberg||Customer support agent|
|David Carlsson||Customer support agent|
|Elin Frykholm||Customer support agent|
|Eliza Hearsum||Customer support agent|
|Erik Nordberg||Customer support agent|
|Fredrik Henriksson||Desarrollador de juegos (Cobalt)
Customer support agent
|Henrik Davallius||Customer support agent|
|Henry Shi||Customer support agent|
|Kevin Vesterlund||Customer support agent|
|Nicole Jansson||Customer support agent|
|Rabi Hadad||Customer support agent|
|Robert Miskiewicz||Customer support agent|
|Robin Cocks||Customer support agent|
|Robin Thunström||Customer support agent||@robinthunstrom|
|Theodore Colbing||Customer support agent|
|Mikaela Prim||Studio manager|
|Alex Andersson||Office manager|
|Charlotte Wredesjö||Office manager|
|Jill Curran||Office manager|
|Chaimae Truving||Reception manager|
|Kevin Martinez||Sound designer|
|Daniel Feldt||User experience designer||@dafeld|
|Antonia Kousathana||Customer support agent|
|Michael Novén||User experience designer|
|Rui Riberio||Customer support agent|
Former contractors[editar | editar código]
|Gary M.||Community Manager (Scrolls)||@atmaz|
|Gareth||Community Manager (Scrolls)||@seemescrollin|
|Telltale Games||Developers of Minecraft: Story Mode and Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two||@telltalegames|
|Other Ocean Interactive||Developers of the New Nintendo 3DS Edition of Minecraft||@other_ocean|
|Scholastic||Original publisher of various Minecraft guidebooks||@scholastic|
|Mattel Creations||Produces the Minecraft Mini-Series|
Office tour[editar | editar código]
Gallery[editar | editar código]
Logos[editar | editar código]
Wordmarks[editar | editar código]
Icons[editar | editar código]
Mojang bug tracker logo.
Splash screen logos[editar | editar código]
Mojang logo that was featured in cancelled game 0x10c.
Other[editar | editar código]
The footer logo used on the old Minecraft Realms website.
Employees[editar | editar código]
The old Mojang cape.
Mojang building directory board with a note from some griefers.
Mojang Pax display.
Oil paintings of most of the Mojang employees.
The Mojang support team hanging out in the ball pit.
The developer cast of Minecraft in Java Edition 3D Shareware v1.34.
References[editar | editar código]
- “Ah, the old Mo-yang vs Mo-jang. I've been told this is how you pronounce it...” – @Marc_IRL, June 15, 2015
- “It’s also a constant in-joke to this day that we have no idea how to pronounce our own name. I’d guess it’s something like 80% mo-jang, 20% mo-yang (it’s close to mojäng), and 0% mo-zhang.” – @Marc_IRL, March 18, 2019
- “Also a new identity means that we can reinvent both the logo and pronounciation, so anything other than the hard J is incorrect now. 😋 ” – @Marc_IRL, May 17, 2020
- "LinkedIn Page for Mojang Studios" – LinkedIn.
- "Wurm Online hitting version 1.0 after almost a decade" by Alice O'Connor – ShackNews, December 4, 2012.
- "Wurm Online" (archived) .
- "The history of Minecraft" by Alex Cox – TechRadar, June 13, 2018.
- “It's official, today we welcome Mojang to the Microsoft Studios family. We're excited for the possibilities ahead w/the Minecraft community.” – @xboxp3, November 6, 2014
- "Meet Mojang Studios" – Minecraft.net, mayo 17, 2020
- "Minecraft Boss Promoted to Number Two Man at Xbox" by Liana Ruppert – ComicBook.com, January 17, 2018.
- "Microsoft Xbox boss Phil Spencer just got a big promotion and will now report directly to CEO Satya Nadella" by Matt Weinberger – Business Insider, September 19, 2017.
- "On the topic of how Mojang and Microsoft Studios and so forth are presented"
- Caller's Bane
- Team changes — ScrollsDev, February 6, 2014 — Tumblr
- "Introducing our New Game: Scrolls" by Jakob Porsér – Mojang.com, March 2, 2011.
- “We won the interim injunction! We can keep using the name "Scrolls".” – @notch, October 18, 2011
- "Ready, Set, Alpha!" by Jakob Porsér – Caller's Bane, July 5, 2012.
- "We've hit open beta! Scrolls is now on-sale!" by Owen Jones – Caller's Bane, June 3, 2013.
- "Scrolls released on PC, Mac, and Android tablets!" by Owen Jones – Caller's Bane, December 11, 2014.
- "It's been a Blast Automaton!" – Caller's Bane, June 29, 2015.
- "Status update" by Måns Olson – Caller's Bane, February 6, 2018.
- "The game is now free!" by Måns Olson – Caller's Bane, June 20, 2018.
- "Introducing Cobalt" by Carl Manneh – Mojang.com, August 18, 2011.
- "Cobalt pre-orders around the next bend!" by Carl Manneh – Mojang.com, December 12, 2011.
- "Say hello to Cobalt" by Carl Manneh – Mojang.com, December 16, 2011.
- "Cobalt is coming to Xbox 360 and Xbox One!" by Owen Jones – Mojang.com, August 20, 2013.
- "Radio Cobalt Episode One - The Basics" by Owen Jones – Mojang.com, February 4, 2014.
- "Cobalt coming to Xbox and Steam February 2nd" by Owen Jones – Mojang.com, January 14, 2016.
- "Play Crown and Council - a new, free game!" by Marsh Davies – Mojang.com, April 22, 2016.
- "Minecraft Devs Release Crown And Council Free" by Alice O'Connor – Rock Paper Shotgun, April 22, 2016.
- "Mojang releases a free strategy game called Crown and Council" by Andy Chalk – PC Gamer, April 22, 2016.
- "Minecraft Dev Releases Surprise Free Game on Steam" by Chris Pereira – GameSpot, April 22, 2016.
- "Mojang's Crown and Council: From hobby project to Steam release" by Richard Moss – Gamasutra, May 25, 2016.
- "Crown and Council gets royally updated, still free" by Brendan Caldwell – Rock Paper Shotgun, January 31, 2017.
- "Introducing Cobalt W.A.S.D." – Oxeye Game Studio, June 1, 2017.
- "Cobalt WASD Out This Thursday!" – Oxeye Game Studio, November 29, 2017.
- "Minecraft creator scores April Fool with 'Mars Effect'" (archived) by Rebecca Fields – Shadowlocked, March 31, 2012.
- "Mojang Registers Website For Its New Game '0x10c'" by Alex Knapp – Forbes, April 3, 2012.
- "Minecraft, Scrolls, 0x10c: The past, present and future of Mojang as seen through Notch's eyes" by Brian Crecente – Polygon, April 5, 2013.
- "Notch indefintely shelves Mojang’s space game, 0x10c" by James Plafke – Geek.com, August 13, 2013.
- 0x10c by C418 on Bandcamp
- “Secret project Rex Kwon Do begins today! It will involve caffeine and giggling.” – @notch, September 5, 2011
- “Remember Project Rex Kwon Do? We cancelled it to focus on Minecraft, Scrolls and eventually 0x10c that we own 100% ourselves instead.” – @notch, July 19, 2012
- "Minecraft Team Strengthened!" by Jens Bergensten – Mojang.com, February 28, 2012.
- Bug update #4, and we're six people in the office now! – The Word of Notch, December 1, 2010
- “Guess who just joined Mojang.. Hint: it's @KrisJelbring!” – @notch, December 21, 2011
- User Profile: [Mojang] Agnes Larsson – Mojang Jira
- “Welcome to the Realms team, @alexandrepretto! Ele fala português!” – @Marc_IRL, January 12, 2017
- The Future of Minecraft MINECON 2013 Panel
- "How Microsoft's Mojang Purchase Changed The Company's Acquisition Culture" by Luke Jones – Winbuzzer.com, July 10, 2020.
- "Mojang invents cloning technology" by Carl Manneh – Mojang.com, October 2, 2013.
- “Excited to be doing my first day today at Mojang in Stockholm, working on Minecraft Realms with @Marc_IRL @zeeraw @DMarby!” – @olofcarlson, March 29, 2016
- "Pocket Edition now has skins, chicken jockeys, more!" by Owen Jones – Mojang.com, May 26, 2015.
- “Hearing reports that Skin Pack 3 is available now. Skins in this pack were created by renowned pixel artist "Army of Trolls"!” – @4JStudios, October 17, 2012
- “first day at Mojang, anything could happen!” – @westmaaan, April 3, 2016
- "Raised more than $500,000 = beard is shaved!" by Daniel Kaplan – Mojang.com, March 1, 2013.
- 2011, here we go! – The Word of Notch, January 3, 2011
- Three man strong! – The Word of Notch, September 13, 2010
- “Had a great time working for Mojang but it's time for me to pursue other interests. As of yesterday, I am no longer working for Mojang.” – @EvilSeph, October 2, 2013
- “Mojang grows by one more resource! @xlson will now spend his days refreshing reddit or whatever webops do. Say hi! :D” – @notch, October 10, 2011
- “New addition to the Mojang team: Welcome graphical artist @carnalizer!” – @carlmanneh, August 8, 2011
- The Minecraft artist is Dock! – The Word of Notch, December 22, 2009
- Dock is no longer involved with the project – The Word of Notch, February 5, 2010
- “I am no longer working on Minecraft.” – @tahgtahv, July 31, 2012
- “Also, we hired another awesome developer to the Realms team: @DMarby Welcome David! :)” – @carlmanneh, May 12, 2014
- User Profile: [Mojang] ProfMobius (Thomas Guimbretiere) – Mojang Jira
- “Welcome Bella, Mojang's new project manager, to Mojang with a friendly follow and jolly greeting! Be nice, Minecrafters! <3 @Brontoo” – @mojang, June 29, 2015
- Scrolls FAQ — ScrollsDev, July 14, 2015 — Tumblr
- https://minecraft.net/images/realms/footer-mojang-logo.png[Enlace roto]
- “Looks like we've had griefers in the lobby again” – @jnkboy, August 28, 2012
- “The awesome @RubberNinja drew an epic minecraftian picture of the mojang team for display at pax.” – @Dinnerbone, August 31, 2012
- “We've got awesome oil paintings of most employees now!” – @notch, January 18, 2013
- “We're very prepared for Mojam.” – @Dinnerbone, February 21, 2013
- “Meanwhile, at Mojang Support” – @Marc_IRL, June 18, 2013