Weighted Pressure Plate
See Data values
See Data values
|This page or section has been suggested to be merged with Pressure Plate. Discuss|
The articles share similar information or a common topic.
A weighted pressure plate is a block that can be used to measure the number of entities on it.
There are two versions of the weighted pressure plate: the light weighted pressure plate (aka "gold plate": 16px) and the heavy weighted pressure plate (aka "iron plate": 16px). The only difference between the two are the number of entities required to produce specific signal strengths.
Obtaining[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
A weighted pressure plate can be mined using any pickaxe. If mined without a pickaxe, it will drop nothing.
|Block||Weighted Pressure Plate|
|Breaking time[note 1]|
- Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds. For more information, see Haste § Instant mining.
A weighted pressure plate will also be removed and drop itself as an item:
- if its attachment block is moved, removed, or destroyed
- if a piston tries to push it or moves a block into its space
Crafting[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
|Weighted Pressure Plate (Heavy)||Iron Ingot|
|Weighted Pressure Plate (Light)||Gold Ingot|
Usage[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- See also: Redstone circuit
A weighted pressure plate can be used to measure the number of entities on it.
- To place a weighted pressure plate, use the Place Block control while aiming at the face of a block adjacent to the destination space.
- A weighted pressure plate can be attached to:
- A weighted pressure plate cannot be attached to the side or bottom of any block, but attempting to make such an attachment may cause the plate to attach to the top of a block under the destination space. For example, if a fence is on the ground, attempting to attach a plate to the side of the fence will cause the plate to be attached to the top of the ground next to the fence instead.
- A weighted pressure plate activates when an entity is on top of it (specifically, when the entity's collision mask intersects the bottom quarter-block of the weighted pressure plate's space, which may include entities flying close to the ground) and deactivates 5 redstone ticks (0.5 seconds, barring lag) after no entities are on top of it, with a minimum activation time of 10 redstone ticks (1 second, barring lag).[Verify]
- A minecart traveling on rails will activate a weighted pressure plate next to a diagonal track but not one next to a straight track.
- While active, a weighted pressure plate:
- powers adjacent redstone dust, or adjacent redstone comparators facing away from the plate, to a power level proportional to the number of entities on the plate (see table, right)
- strongly powers a full solid opaque block beneath the weighted pressure plate to a power level proportional to the number of entities on the plate (see table, right)
- powers adjacent redstone repeaters facing away from the weighted pressure plate to power level 15
- activates adjacent mechanism components, including above or below, such as pistons, redstone lamps, etc.
- An item stack counts as a single entity, no matter how many items are in the stack. When multiple items of the same type fall on a weighted pressure plate, they may initially be separate item entities and the weighted pressure plate will count them separately, but if they then collapse into a single item stack entity the signal strength from the weighted pressure plate may go down.
Weighted pressure plates are not solid (they are not a barrier to entity movement). A block under a weighted pressure plate can provide a solid surface underneath it (for mobs to walk across, items to fall on, etc.), but when a weighted pressure plate is placed on a block with a small collision mask, such as a fence or nether brick fence, it is possible for entities to move through the plate while still activating it (walking through it horizontally, or falling through it vertically). Thus, a weighted pressure plate on a fence can be used to detect entities without stopping them (more compactly than a tripwire circuit).
Weighted pressure plates are 0.0625 blocks high (1⁄16 of a block) when inactive and 0.03125 block high (1⁄32 of a block) when active, but because they are not solid they do not affect the position of entities "on top" of them (for example, a player on top of a weighted pressure plate is actually standing on the block beneath it).
Data values[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
A weighted pressure plate is defined by its ID and block data. A weighted pressure plate also has a block state which is expected to replace the functionality of block data in a future version.
A weighted pressure plate's ID specifies what type of weighted pressure plate it is.
|Name||ID Name||Block ID|
|Weighted Pressure Plate (Heavy)||
|Weighted Pressure Plate (Light)||
Block data[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- See also: Data values
A weighted pressure plate's block data stores its power level:
|A four-bit field storing a value from 0 to 15 representing the weighted pressure plate's current redstone power level.|
Block state[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- See also: Block states
|power||Specifies the redstone power level currently being produced by the weighted pressure plate.|
Video[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
History[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
|1.5||13w01a||Αρχείο:Grid Weighted Pressure Plate (Light) pre 1.9.pngΑρχείο:Grid Weighted Pressure Plate (Heavy) pre 1.9.png Added weighted pressure plates.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||Rescaled output strength of weighted pressure plates.|
|Allowed all entities to trigger weighted pressure plates.|
|1.9||15w31a||Αρχείο:Grid Weighted Pressure Plate (Light).pngΑρχείο:Grid Weighted Pressure Plate (Heavy).png Now have a slightly flatter look in the inventory.|
|15w43a||Weighted pressure plates are given a different, more high-pitched activation sound, so that they no longer match the sound of stone pressure plates.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.13.0||build 1||Added weighted pressure plates.|
|TU19||CU7||1.12||Added weighted pressure plates.|
Pre-1.7.2 requirements[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
|Gold plate||Iron plate
|Iron plate (stacks)|
|1||1–4||1–42||1 block–42 blocks|
|2||5–8||43–85||43 blocks–1 stack 21 blocks|
|3||9–12||86–128||1 stack 22 blocks–2 stacks|
|4||13–16||129–170||2 stacks 1 block–2 stacks 42 blocks|
|5||17–20||171–213||2 stacks 43 blocks–3 stacks 21 blocks|
|6||21–24||214–256||3 stacks 22 blocks–4 stacks|
|7||25–28||257–298||4 stacks 1 block–4 stacks 42 blocks|
|8||29–32||299–341||4 stacks 43 blocks–5 stacks 21 blocks|
|9||33–36||342–384||5 stacks 22 blocks–6 stacks|
|10||37–40||385–426||6 stacks 1 block–6 stacks 42 blocks|
|11||41–44||427–469||6 stacks 43 blocks–7 stacks 21 blocks|
|12||45–48||470–512||7 stacks 22 blocks–8 stacks|
|13||49–52||513–554||8 stacks 1 block–8 stacks 42 blocks|
|14||53–56||555–597||8 stacks 43 blocks–9 stacks 21 blocks|
|15||57+||598+||9 stacks 22 blocks+|
Issues[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Issues relating to “Weighted Pressure Plate” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
|Redstone κύκλωμα||Κύκλωμα ρολογιού|
|Προτεινόμενα μαθήματα||Σύνθετη κυκλώματα Redstone|