String is used for the crafting recipes of many tools and utilities. When placed as a block, string becomes tripwire which, when combined with tripwire hooks can form a tripwire circuit.
Tripwire can be mined instantly with any tool, dropping string.
Tripwire will also be removed and drop string as an item:
- if a full solid opaque block (but not a transparent block) beneath it is moved, removed, or destroyed
- if water flows into its space
- if a piston tries to push it or moves a block into its space
Tripwire will be destroyed without dropping string if lava flows into its space.
- See also: Cobweb§ Usage
String can be obtained from breaking cobwebs with a sword, as well as by the pushing of cobwebs by pistons and when water flows over cobwebs.
Spiders and cave spiders drop up to two pieces of string upon death.
String can be obtained by fishing.
Five pieces of tripwire generate naturally in every jungle temple.
String can be used as a crafting ingredient and tripwire can be used as a redstone component.
Fisherman and fletcher villagers will buy 15-20 string for an emerald.
- See also: Redstone circuit
Tripwire can be used to detect entities as part of a tripwire circuit.
- To place tripwire, use string while pointing at a surface facing the space the tripwire should occupy.
- In order to activate tripwire hooks, tripwire must be part of a "tripwire circuit": a straight line of blocks consisting of a block with a tripwire hook attached to it, a "tripwire line" (1 to 40 blocks of tripwire), and a second tripwire hook attached to another block.
- A tripwire activates if almost any entity (players, mobs, minecarts, boats, items, arrows, etc.) intersects its collision mask. The tripwire remains active until there are no entities intersecting its collision mask. Thrown potions, some arrows, thrown Ender pearls, and thrown eyes of ender will not activate tripwire.
- An active tripwire that is part of a valid tripwire circuit will cause the attached tripwire hooks to activate (producing redstone power). Active tripwires do not themselves produce redstone power.
- When tripwire is broken (including by being washed away by spreading water) after being part of a valid tripwire circuit, it will activate the attached tripwire hooks for 5 redstone ticks (10 game ticks, or 0.5 seconds barring lag). It will not produce the signal if it is broken using shears.
- A tripwire does not need to be part of a valid tripwire circuit to activate, but without valid attached tripwire hooks the activation or deactivation can only update adjacent blocks (for example, activating a BUD circuit).
String has the ID name
minecraft:string. Tripwire has the ID name
minecraft:tripwire and is further defined by its block data. Tripwire also has a block state which is expected to replace the functionality of block data in a future version.
|Block||ID Name||Numerical ID|
- See also: Data values
|0x1||Set if tripwire is activated (an entity is intersecting its collision mask).|
|0x4||Set if tripwire is attached to a valid tripwire circuit.|
|0x8||Set if tripwire is disarmed.|
- See also: Block states
|attached||True if the tripwire is connected to a valid tripwire circuit.|
|disarmed||True if the tripwire is disarmed, that is, broken using shears.|
True if the tripwire connects in that direction.For example, if east, west and south are true the tripwire is connected to either tripwire or tripwire hooks in those directions.
|powered||True if the tripwire is active.|
|February 19, 2010||Added string, as a drop from spiders. Bows can now be crafted.|
|Seecret Friday 2||String is found in the new dungeon chests.|
|1.1.1||String is now used to craft fishing rods.|
|1.5||Introduced cobwebs, which drop string when broken with a sword.|
|1.7||Cobwebs now drop string when broken using shears.|
|1.8||Cobwebs now generate naturally, making them a viable method to obtain string.|
|1.3.1||12w22a||String can be placed on the ground as a tripwire. Tripwire was first revealed on Dinnerbone's Twitter. Dinnerbone released a video showing him experimenting with tripwire before its release.|
|12w23a||Tripwire is now activated by most entities (including arrows), and the max distance has been increased from 18 to 40 blocks.|
|1.6.1||13w18a||String is now used to craft leads.|
|1.7.2||13w37a||Block ID 132 (tripwire) was removed from the |
|1.8||Tripwire is now translucent.|
|1.9||15w44a||Added to desert temple chests, and more than doubled the average yield from dungeon chests.|
|1.11||16w39a||String is now found in the new woodland mansion chests.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.3.3||Added string, which can be crafted into bows and wool.|
|0.11.0||build 1||String can now be used to make fishing rods.|
|0.13.0||build 1||String can be placed on the ground as a tripwire.|
|0.15.0||build 1||String is now used to craft leads.|
|TU1||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added string.|
|TU14||1.04||String can be placed on the ground as tripwire.|
Issues relating to “String” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
|Redstone κύκλωμα||Κύκλωμα ρολογιού|
|Προτεινόμενα μαθήματα||Σύνθετη κυκλώματα Redstone|