Android, iOS - September 6, 2012
v0.4.0 alpha was a major update to Minecraft: Pocket Edition that was released on September 6 and 13, 2012. It added notable features such as beds, trapdoors, creepers, new food, and farming items, as well as other changes and fixes. This update was also the first public release for Fire.
- Used to skip the night and set the player's spawn point.
- Used as a 1×1 barrier that can be opened by hand.
- Stone bricks
- Only available in Survival mode.
- Is currently unobtainable.
- Flint and steel
- Used to detonate TNT.
- Used to till dirt and grass blocks into farmland.
- Food-related items
- Mushroom stew
- Raw beef
- Raw chicken
- Cooked chicken
- Raw porkchop
- Cooked porkchop
- Wheat seeds
- Used as a throwable entity.
- Is currently unobtainable.
- Peaceful difficulty option for Survival that has automatic healing and doesn't spawn monsters.
- Added crafting recipes to some blocks:
- Can now be crafted with eight wooden planks.
- Are now functional in Survival mode, and are able to store other items and blocks in them.
- Can now be thrown.
- Can now be used to craft TNT.
- Rose red
- Πρότυπο:Version exclusive: is now obtainable by smelting red mushrooms.
- Can now be crafted into red wool.
- Orange dye
- Can now be crafted with rose red and dandelion yellow.
- Can now be crafted into orange wool.
- Lime dye
- Can now be crafted with cactus green and bone meal.
- Can now be crafted into lime wool.
- Cactus green
- Can now be crafted into green wool.
- Cyan dye
- Can now be crafted with cactus green and lapis lazuli.
- Can now be crafted into cyan wool.
- Light blue dye
- Can now be crafted with bone meal and lapis lazuli.
- Can now be crafted into light blue wool.
- Purple dye
- Can now be crafted with rose red and lapis lazuli.
- Can now be crafted into purple wool.
- Magenta dye
- Can now be crafted with rose red, lapis lazuli, and two bone meal.
- Can now be crafted into magenta wool.
- Pink dye
- Can now be crafted with rose red and bone meal.
- Can now be crafted into pink wool.
- Limited the total number of any given mob type.
- Animal spawning (being worked on)[more information needed]
- Now drop feathers.
- Now spawn naturally.
- Oak trees
- Now generate with oak wood instead of spruce wood.
- Daytime is now longer.
- When using an item, the player’s movement speed is decreased.
- Creative inventory
- Stone shovel
- Stone pickaxe
- Stone axe
- Stone sword
15 bugs fixed
- Monsters could spawn indoors.
- Added fall damage for clients.
- Players could hit each other far away.
- Incorrect bow rendering in third person view.
- Missing particles after critical arrows
- Stairs reverted to their basic blocks when destroyed
- Charging the bow could destroy certain blocks (flowers, torches), or interact with blocks.
- The game crashes if the player is killed while having charging a bow.
- Connecting players could die in Creative mode.
- Spruce leaves sometimes use the crafting table texture on all sides when dropped as an item or held in the player's hand.
- Wrong crafting table size for Xperia Play
- Bow doesn't take damage when used.
- Non-dark brown tree trunks are now added back to the game (you may need to start a new world as host).
- Destroying a door could leave half a door.
- Missing spider death sound on iOS.
The internal version is 0.4.0(4005), and has a size of 5.32 MB.
v0.4.0j alpha was released on Google Play on an unknown release date. The internal version is 0.4.0(4000), and the size is 2.16 MB.
A trailer for the update was released on September 6, 2012.
|Minecraft — Pocket Edition 0.4.0 Update! Video (view on YouTube)|