The official name for the update, the Ender Update, was revealed on November 11, 2016, in a blog post on the Mojang website.
- The End dimension.
- 4 new mobs:
- Ender dragon, Shulker, Endermite, and Polar bear
- 14 new blocks:
- Ender chest, Dragon head, Chorus flower, Chorus plant, End gateway block, End portal (block), End rod, End stone brick, Stained glass, Stained glass panes, Purpur block pillar, slab and stairs.
- 8 new items:
- Dragon's breath, Chorus fruit, Popped chorus fruit, End crystal, Shulker Shell, Eye of ender, and Lingering potion, Ender Pearl.
- 7 new achievements (added Xbox Live achievements to Windows 10 Mobile version)
- 2 new commands:
/connect, Although /locate only searches for strongholds.
- 256-block overworld height limit.
- Endermen now drop ender pearls.
- 1.0.1 was released exclusively on iOS to fix several bugs.
- 1.0.2 fixed even more bugs.
- 1.0.3 added the Candy texture pack, support for the Dutch language, and fixed several bugs from 1.0.2.
- 1.0.4 added villager trading and the Strangers Skin Pack.
- 1.0.5 added command blocks, new commands, and the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Skin pack.
- 1.0.6, 1.0.7, 1.0.8, and 1.0.9 added various skin packs and mashup packs.
- Combat Update (Java Edition 1.9)