Generation[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Structure[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
In the center of the pyramid's ground floor is a blue terracotta. Underneath this terracotta is a chamber containing four chests, which are rigged by a stone pressure plate directly under the blue terracotta. The pressure plate is connected to a 3×3 grid of TNT, which means that if one unintentionally steps on the plate, it sets off the TNT and destroys the spoils in the process.
Desert pyramids appear yellow on maps, similar to sand and sandstone, but with a distinctive shape.
Loot[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- See also: Chest loot
Each desert pyramid chest contains items drawn from 2 pools, with the following distribution:
|Stack Size||Weight||# Items||Chance||# Chests|
|Enchanted Book[note 1]||1||—||20⁄232||—||0.259||23.5%||4.3|
|Iron Horse Armor||1||—||15⁄232||—||0.194||18.0%||5.5|
|Golden Horse Armor||1||—||10⁄232||—||0.129||12.3%||8.1|
|Diamond Horse Armor||1||—||5⁄232||—||0.065||6.3%||15.8|
|Enchanted Golden Apple||1||—||2⁄232||—||0.026||2.6%||39.0|
- All enchantments are equally probable, except treasure enchantments, and any level of the enchantment is equally probable.
- 'Nothing' does not refer to the chance of an empty chest. Instead, it refers to the chance that the random loot generator will not add any loot on a single roll.
History[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
|1.3.1||12w21a||Added desert pyramids.|
|1.4.6||12w50a||Enchanted books now generate in desert pyramid chests.|
|1.8||14w03a||Desert pyramids now generate with terracotta (at that time called "hardened clay") instead of wool.|
|1.9||15w44a||Chest loot is changed.|
|Added gunpowder, sand, string, spider eye, and normal and enchanted golden apples.|
|Average yields of diamonds, gold ingots and iron ingots were very decreased.|
|Average yields of horse armor, enchanted books, rotten flesh, saddles and emeralds are increased.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.13.0||build 1||Added desert temples.|
|0.15.0||build 1||Enchanted books now generate in desert pyramid chests.|
|TU14||CU1||1.05||Patch 1||Added desert pyramids.|
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Desert pyramids now generate with stained clay (now terracotta) instead of wool.|
|0.1.0||Added desert pyramids.|
Issues[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Issues relating to “Desert pyramid” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- The desert pyramid's basement measures 21 blocks by 21 blocks.
- The orange symbols on the outside is the Ancient Egyptian symbol for life, an Ankh.
- Desert pyramids have a rare chance of generating improperly causing some blocks to be lost or added.
- As there is no light in the lower chamber, mobs can spawn inside and trigger the TNT trap, destroying the chests and loot before any player can reach it. Also, rarely a lava lake might generate next to TNT, potentially setting the trap off as well.
- A desert pyramid does not generate fully if generated partially on lakes.
- The top of the pyramid's ceiling is almost always generated above ground, so buried temples are accessible, but fall damage is likely.
- When a desert pyramid generates above a ravine, it has a deeper foundation like the village houses prior to the Village and Pillage update.
- Desert pyramids have entrances at the left and right near the top.
Gallery[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
A pyramid generated in a desert village. A well is also visible.
A pyramid generated in an old village.
A desert temple that has a dungeon generated inside it.