April 19, 2011
|Other editions of 1.5|
- Weather, including rain, snow, and thunderstorms
- Pigs struck by a lighting bolt become zombie pigmen.
- Creepers struck by lightning become electrified and will have a much more powerful explosion.
- Statistics and achievements, which are transferred between worlds
- Detector rail and powered rail
- Birch and spruce saplings
- Cannot exist in the game without inventory hacking until Beta 1.8
- New settings in options:
- Ability to change GUI size (Small, Normal, Large, Auto).
- Advanced OpenGL (Occlusion Culling: doesn't render blocks that the player can't "see", helps performance in cards that support it)
- ⇧ Shift+clicking on something in a chest will immediately move the selected item(s) into your inventory and vice-versa.
- Birch and spruce trees now drop birch and spruce saplings, respectively.
- Pigs that die by burning now drop cooked porkchops upon death.
- Huge performance improvements for old and slow computers.
- Crafting a ladder now produces 2 ladders to offset the fix of the staggered-ladder exploit.
- Saplings can now serve as fuel in furnaces; they have the same smelting time as Sticks.
- Dropped items in flowing water move faster than before.
- Redstone dust can be placed on snow.
- Wolves are more common, even in non-taiga/forest biomes.
- Unarmed damage was increased from 1 () to 2 ().
- Pressing Tab ↹ will switch between input boxes.
14 bugs fixed
- You are only 'on' a ladder (can climb it/fall slowly) if your lower half is in the ladder block, rather than any part of you.
- It is no longer possible to climb with a one-block gap in a ladder, or a ladder that starts at eye level.
- On fancy graphics, the sides of grass blocks are now biome-specific and match the shade on the top.
- Player movement through water has been fixed to previous speed.
- Wolves' pathfinding now has a better understanding of doors. They will go through doors most of the time, but will sometimes get stuck on the 3 pixel thickness of the door.
- The lighting on portals and ice has been fixed when using Smooth Lighting.
- Stairs are no longer transparent to light.
- On SMP, the health of wolves are now synchronized between server and client, causing wolves to only whimper when low on health, opposed to all of the time.
- Redstone in off state is red again.
- Crops hit with water now drop seeds and wheat, as opposed to just wheat.
- Moving minecarts will continue to move if the world is closed.
- The Mojang logo is the correct size when Minecraft is maximized.
- The exploit to make chests three or more side by side by placing a water source and placing a chest in that source has been fixed.
- ⇧ Shift + F2 doesn't attempt to create massive .tga screenshots, which are more than 1GB in size, anymore.
- Sugar cane can no longer be placed on any block that is not dirt.
|April Fools updates|