January 24, 2013
13w04a is the sixth snapshot released for 1.5.
- Added a new command feature – scoreboard
- Not 100% done yet
- The scoreboard can be used to track deaths, players killing another player, players killing something a mob, or players activating commands
- The complicated system uses a combination of name, display name, and criteria, and track an integer number of points for players
- Mobs now show the name given to them, either by anviling on their Spawn Egg or external editors, above their head when the player looks directly at them within a circular 6 block radius
- Renamed command blocks now use their name instead of @ in the chat
- Comparators can now be used with jukeboxes
- Output signal strength relates to disk number
- Changed bone meal
- No longer gives instant growth – instead, each use advances one growth stage:
- Gives off green particles when used
- Note: Dinnerbone has stated that he still has to balance out this new bonemeal growth system
- Improved double slabs
- 43:8 will now be the "smooth stone full half-slab block" and will remain so
- Generally: If the top bit is set, the top texture will be used on all sides, also allowing for smooth sandstone full half-slab blocks (43:9)
- Improved dispensers
- Dispensers and droppers can now face all directions
- In Creative, the player can now hit mobs/players from five blocks away
- Mobs will not actively path over rails
- Held armor can be equipped by right-clicking
- In this particular snapshot, this functionality is very faulty, prone to crashing and incorrect slot usage. It is fixed in the next snapshot.
From released versions before 1.5
- MC-127 – Piston extended and retracted at the same time.
- MC-195 – Flowing water still drags the player while flying.
- MC-515 – Chest glitch that lets them appear as if they are opened while they are not.
- MC-519 – Achievements lost after update
- MC-562 – Breeding cows can consume more than one wheat
- MC-835 – In the server log,
/saycommands performed by the server do not appear to be in the console but do appear to the players
- MC-1914 – Mob spawners sometimes show up as pig spawners
- MC-2503 – Boats and minecarts should not be dropped in Creative
- MC-3316 – Armor enchantments (besides Thorns) have no effect on mobs
- MC-3981 – Dispensers no longer dispense item through blocks in the downward direction
- MC-4052 – Powered redstone mechanisms react to change in redstone power level
From the 1.5 snapshots
- MC-5742 – Redstone signals shortened by devices that output a shorter signal
- MC-6069 – Server loading issue
- MC-6118 – Monostable circuits only work in a North/South configuration
- MC-6228 – Hopper doesn't accept items from second slot when container has different items in first slot
- MC-6486 – Variable redstone strength causing strange update behavior
- MC-6779 – Particle effects are messed up again...
- MC-6851 – Doorhandle position wrong
- MC-6906 – Chest minecart won't deposit items in hoppers while moving
- MC-6952 – Iron door stays powered when retrieving the redstone block
From the previous snapshot
- MC-7619 – If a minecart with hopper falls into the Void, the game will crash
- MC-7627 – Changing the texture pack ingame renders strange
- MC-7663 – Hopper minecart behave like they are on powered activator rail if they never touched one.
- MC-7668 – Using Pick Block on Minecart with TNT or hopper gives you just a minecart
- MC-7940 – Wrong death message of renamed mobs spawned by dispensers
- MC-8042 – Minecart with hopper is not placed on rail
|April Fools updates|