December 13, 2012
12w50a is the second snapshot released for 1.4.6.
- Added Enchanted Book to Villagers and Chests
- Can be found in dungeons with special enchantments normally not obtainable
- Silk Touch can now be applied to shears by using the anvil
- Cobweb can be harvested utilizing this feature
- Added “Thorns” enchantment for armor
- When hit by a mob, the mob will receive damage
- Added tool highlight when switching items in the hotbar
- Renamed items will display the changed name
- To disable it, open options.txt and change
- Added xmaschest.png, largexmaschest.png, and skis.png textures
- xmaschest.png changes the chest texture to resemble a red gift.
- largexmaschest.png changes the large chest texture to resemble a green gift.
- skis.png is unused, dummy file. Dinnerbone said he added this file as a red herring.
- Chest will use these textures on December 25
- Tweaked Fireworks effect and sounds
- Item entities are rendered as 3D objects in the world when in Fancy graphics mode
- This includes items placed in Item Frames
- Items now show their enchantments when dropped on the ground
- Overall Protection enchantment is no longer as effective as all the other Protection enchantments combined
- Unbreaking enchantment can be applied to anything with durability using Enchanted Books
- Added a notice/warning for users still playing on PowerPCs or Java 5 (Java 1.5)
- When pressing CTRL+Q By default (Or your "Drop" button if changed in controls), you drop a full stack instead of one item
- Removed Firework Rocket in Creative inventory
From released versions before 1.4.6
- MC-255 – Graphical Issue with trading
- MC-312 – Item textures of Spawn Eggs and Firework Stars not aligned properly when stacked
- MC-674 – Items different only in damage cannot be swapped
- MC-1626 – Z-Fighting in Beacon Block bottom.
- MC-1959 – Placing double slabs ignore damage values
- MC-1969 – minecarts cant travel through nether portals
- MC-3593 – Lightning doesn't flash
- MC-4499 – Beacon tiers don't work at y=0
- MC-4510 – Enchantment Not Showing in Item Frame
From the previous snapshot
- MC-4193 – Firework star Duplication
- MC-4199 – Deaths not logged to console.
- MC-4200 – The Nether and The End generating random blocks clientside in multiplayer
- MC-4203 – Enchanted Books: Unenchantable item can recieve any enchantment
- MC-4433 – Fallingsand spawners failing to save properly, and causing crashes
|April Fools updates|