October 11, 2012
12w41a is the twelfth snapshot released for 1.4.2.
- Added a new Anvil Block for repairing, merging & naming items.
- Three different damage states: Anvil, Slightly Damaged Anvil, and Very Damaged Anvil.
- Anvils can not only rename tools and armor, but any item.
- Renamed placeable items will not retain their name if placed.
- Anvils can merge enchantments
- Items with two different enchantments will give an item with both
- Items with the same enchantment will increase the level of the enchantment if they have the same level or take only the highest if they don't
- Some enchantments can be lost during the merging because of incompatibility (ex: Sharpness I + Smite I)
- The first item seems to have the priority (the lost enchantments are on the second item)
- Anvils can also be dropped in a similar manner to Sand, Gravel, and Dragon Eggs.
- When landing on a mob, the anvil will deal damage relative to the distance it fell.
- Creepers now can have custom explosion radius and fuse timer using edited mob spawners and NBT tags (
ExplosionRadius & Fuse).
- Renamed "Chat Settings" to "Multiplayer Settings".
- Contains the old chat settings menu.
- Option for cape-owners to hide their capes ingame.
- Tweaks to debugging
- F3+H now shows tool and armor durability on damaged items – On maps it shows the zoom level.
- Now shows which cardinal direction the player is facing on the f value.
- The pie chart on the F3 overlay is now shown when opening it using shift+F3 instead of vice versa.
- Mobs no longer forget that they are aggressive against a player in Creative mode after a few seconds anymore.
- Potion-like effects given by the Beacon now use semi-transparent particles, to be less intrusive.
- Normal potions remain unchanged.
- Level-up sound now only plays every 5 levels and has been tweaked.
- Experience can now be gained by breeding animals
4 bugs fixed
- When placing the Anvil in mid air in a certain orientation the entity will be sideways until it lands.
- Breaking the block under any Anvil resets it to a regular Anvil.
- When using the /kill command an error appears, when holding a block it gives the normal message but you don't die.
- When in a multiplayer server and trying to rename an item, if entire name is erased the client will crash.
|April Fools updates|