Alpha 0.16.0 build 1 (also known as  Alpha 0.15.90.0 ) is the first build version released for  Alpha 0.16.0, also known as the Boss Update.
Additions [ ]
General [ ]
Ability to customize keyboard controls.
Added search tab to
creative inventory (Win 10 only). Added mouse UI sensitivity slider in VR options (Win 10 Rift only).
New UI for options menu.
Bedrock-exklusiv: Toggle Crouch. Added warning before exit the game.
Commands [ ]
World Generation [ ]
Blocks [ ]
A red block that has a block model similar to
cobblestone wall. Can only be broken using
commands. Invisible blocks possibly appear on top and bottom of the border block, and they are unbreakable.
Will break if the border block is broken. Can be obtained using
/give Obtained item doesn't do anything. Can be placed using
/setblock Red particles appear on top of the block and fly upwards. Chalkboard
Has unused item form textures.
Is listed in autocomplete of
as 2D Wooden Planks icon.
/setblock Can only be placed using Befehl
. However, it says Block placed but actually nothing will be placed.
Items [ ]
Mobs [ ]
Changes [ ]
General [ ]
Skin picker no longer shows the silhouette of the skins behind it when choosing a custom skin.
Tweaked mouse sensitivity for vertical vs. horizontal motion in UI in Rift (Win 10 Rift only).
Increased maximum view distance for capable GPUs (Win10 and EDU only).
Tweaked the clock texture so it has all the correct pixels.
Old world type option
Not shown anymore.
Old worlds created earlier still can be made infinite.
Items [ ]
Bedrock-exklusiv: Now have different colors for different biomes.
Now has a block form in inventory but placing it spawns the entity
Block can be placed with commands like
(Block ID is
"Take Picture" button now works.
Blocks [ ]
Readded to survival mode.
Now can absorb water.
Now uses PC 1.8 texture.
Now have sound when placed.
Added to the Creative inventory.
Added sounds when making. Furnace
Better description (Input, Fuel, Result) for devices that do not use controller input.
Mobs [ ]
Bedrock-exklusiv: Added new sounds.
Fixes [ ]
To zoom out maps, the original map needs to be placed in the center of the crafting grid.
Fixed crashes on some Android devices.
Fixed a crash upon world load in Gear VR edition.
Frame rate no longer affects the sensitivity of mouse and controller turning in game.
Fixed a game crash on FireTV that happened after a few minutes of gameplay.
Fixed a crash that happened occasionally when a player would try to access Realms settings.
Fixed a connection issue failure with players trying to connect to Realms from Android, Kindle, iOS, or Gear VR.
Transitioning from Living Room mode to Immersive mode while riding an animal no longer makes the animal look like it's being x-rayed (Win 10 Rift only).
Boats have shadows
Fixed a crash when breaking a door near a villager during the night.
No longer informs the player when they join a game.
If the player is in a game session where they can't invite friends, the invite friends button won't appear in the pause screen anymore.
Fixed a rogue pixel on the back of the Cake Maniac skin's head.
Fixed x-ray effects when hitting a boat in survival.
Water no longer continues to flow from frozen water source blocks.
The player can now sprint forever in creative mode.
Pressing enter opens the chat window.
Opening the chat window and then quickly typing is no longer an issue- no more lost letters!
The player won't shake randomly anymore when dismounting a vehicle while they're in a block or closing a trapdoor while standing in its space.
Fixed the attack range of hostile mobs when they are in a boat.
Baby mooshrooms no longer freeze when the player tries to use shears on them.
The player no longer gets immediately dismounted when interacting with horses or pigs while sneaking.
Fixed a crash when a filled map is selected.
Fixed a crash when opening a crafting table in Creative mode.
Fixed some mobs not burning in sunlight.
Fixed a bug where an Enderman riding in a minecart could activate a stone pressure plate placed next to a diagonal minecart track.
Mobs that die while riding a minecart get removed from the minecart.
Blazes attack players based on the host game/server's game mode.
Skeletons no longer manage to fire arrows from their sides.
Cursor is now fully visible when drawing back a
bow and arrows fly according to where the cursor is pointed. (Gear VR edition & Win 10 Rift only) Gray icon representing horse armor & saddle now changes depending on what texture pack the player is using.
No more floating torches under ceilings.
Nether wart growth textures were off by one stage- now fixed.
"Toggle immersive mode" message no longer appears on non-VR platforms.
Controller input now recognized in VR even if the VR window does not have windows focus (Win 10 Rift only).
The player can now see a pig's health.
Fixed some assorted bugs relating to skin, texture pack & full game purchases not being recognized properly.
Pressing the Z button to invoke the status effect window now works.
Fixed an issue where breaking a bed wouldn't reset a player's spawn point.
When riding a pig/horse, the animal's health now displays correctly when the animal is poisoned.
– Empty buckets can´t collect water when underwater (Creative only) MCPE-5272
– Cannot place beds on top half slabs anymore MCPE-9096
– Creative inventory Mundane potion duplicate bug MCPE-9669
– Mobs wearing armor drop that armor 100% of the time MCPE-9846
– Autojump allows the player to jump over fences and cobblestone walls MCPE-11013
– Player can go through solid block walls and fences using a boat MCPE-11214
– Moving fuel into the furnace draws units from the first stack touched instead of from the one the player taps MCPE-11241
– Water is invisible when the player reloads the world MCPE-12922
– Maps blink red when player take damages MCPE-13640
– Clocks in item frames have extra pixels MCPE-13802
– Hoppers suck item entities only one at a time MCPE-13891
– Mobs do not drop spawned equipment MCPE-13966
– Beds don't make sounds when placing them MCPE-14250
– Boats placed halfway inside a wall shake violently MCPE-14529
– Doors act as tools MCPE-14761
– Furnace texture bug MCPE-14801
– Villagers get stuck facing 90° MCPE-15034
– Blocks are blinking on piston MCPE-15268
– The void below bedrock is a bottomless pit MCPE-15586
– Tripwire not triggered by player in minecart or pig riding, but does for horses and boats MCPE-15594
– Lead turn red when the leashed mob getting hit MCPE-15696
– Using A Bed Whilst Riding A Horse / Boat etc. Does Not Dismount Player MCPE-15983
– Chest UI is not accessible when mounted on a pig, boat or minecart. MCPE-16529
– NPC Spawn egg does not spawn anything unless used in a monster spawner MCPE-16649 – Minecarts and their variants always despawn when they are in motion and the game crashes MCPE-16863
References [ ]