Xbox One, Windows 10, Android: 28. April 2021
Beta 18.104.22.168 is the second beta version for Bedrock Edition 1.17.0, released on April 28, 2021, which moved some blocks and items from experimental gameplay and fixes bugs.
- Amethysts, Amethyst Shards, Amethyst Cluster Variants, Amethyst Buds, Budding Amethysts, Tuff Blocks, Calcite, and Smooth Basalt are now available in the Creative inventory.
- Axolotls are now available outside the Caves and Cliffs experiment.
- Axolotls can be rehydrated with Splash Water Bottle and Lingering Water Bottle.
- Updated the axolotl and glow squid spawn rules. They can now spawn in any biome and up to Y=63 instead of Y=30.
- Azalea Leaves and Flowered Azalea Leaves have correct color on maps.
- Waxed Oxidized Cut Copper Slabs can now be merged into full Waxed Oxidized Cut Copper blocks.
- Deepslate is now available in the Creative inventory.
- Dripstone is now available outside the Caves and Cliffs experimental toggle.
- Pointed dripstone is now available outside the Caves and Cliffs experimental toggle.
- Pointed Dripstone now correctly gets destroyed after the block it was placed on are broken by block updates.
- Glow Ink is now available outside the Caves and Cliffs experimental toggle.
- Glow Item Frames are now available outside the Caves and Cliffs experimental toggle.
- Maps now glow in Glow Item Frames.
- Powder Snow is now available in the Creative inventory.
- Using a Bucket of Powder Snow on a Cauldron filled with Powder Snow results in a Powder Snow block being placed above the Cauldron.
- Most mobs cannot walk on Powder Snow, but fall into the block instead.
- Fall damage is now correctly prevented when a player or mob falls on a single powder snow block.
- Fortune enchantment now cause more raw iron/gold/copper ore to be dropped.
- Raw copper, iron and gold ore are now available outside the experimental toggle.
- Kleines Tropfblatt
- Small dripleaf can now be placed on moss.
- Spyglass is now available in the Creative inventory.
- Goats no longer drop Mutton when killed.
- Goats are now available outside the Caves and Cliffs experimental toggle.
- Glow Squid are now available outside the Caves and Cliffs experimental toggle.
- User Interface
- Updated the appearance of the loading screen.
- Caves & Cliffs
- Axolotls now have their missing sounds (MCPE-123304).
- Axolotls now swim way more often (MCPE-123263).
- Using Bone Meal on a sapling planted on a Moss block now correctly grows a tree (MCPE-125689).
- Cobblestone and Cobbled Deepslate are now used to repair stone items on an Anvil (MCPE-123670).
- Cauldrons fill up in snowy weather, creating a renewable source of Powder Snow (MCPE-105412).
- Glow Lichen is now visibly as close to the surface it is placed on as Java Edition (MCPE-122665).
- Glow Lichen now has a map color that more closely resembles the color of the block (MCPE-126316).
- Colors applied to text on signs are no longer barely visible (MCPE-117516).
- Maps now glow in Glow Item Frames (MCPE-117503).
- Chemistry items icons no longer disappear after suspend/resume in Education Edition worlds.
- Fixed issue with underwater fog being the same for all biomes and view distance not increasing over time (MCPE-124282, MCPE-124266).
- Underwater view distance is increased in Rivers and land biomes to be more like Minecraft Java when “Caves and Cliffs” experiment toggle is enabled.
- Boats now break when they collide with a Cactus from the side (MCPE-106044).
- Changed the position of bow to match previous versions (MCPE-116741).
- Crossbows in players' and mobs' hands are now rendered correctly in all perspective modes (MCPE-116737).
- Fixed animation issue causing an off-hand held shield to appear to re-equip whenever the player changes their main-hand item (MCPE-116773).
- Cauldrons that have been emptied after containing potion are now correctly filled with water when it rains.
- Fixed issue where Fireworks of all colors could be crafted from any other color of Firework Charges (MCPE-90715).
- Blazes and Enderman once again receive damage from splash water bottles (MCPE-97483).
- Fixed a bug where mobs would not spawn below y=0 when the Caves and Cliffs experimental toggle is enabled (MCPE-122056).
- Android should once again see invite notifications and achievement toasts (MCPE-54902).
- Fixed an issue with certain blocks which could cause them to grow too quickly when ticked.
- Mobs and entities once again make a sound when entering water.
- The '/setworldspawn' command is now prohibited in legacy worlds and affected worlds will reset their altered spawn positions to the original position (MCPE-27797).